Assists the Director in managing the Plant Operations Department of the hospital, office buildings and off-site clinics.
Assists the Director in planning, directing and managing the department and staff to assure quality service on a 24-hour basis.
Promotes teamwork with physicians and all health care providers to maintain internal and external customer satisfaction, and appropriate resource management.
Assumes the role of Director in their absence.
- Provides direction and supports the Plant Operations.
- Central Plant, and the overall building systems and equipment.
- Develops and maintains a preventive maintenance program for all equipment, buildings, Central Plant, building and building systems.
- Oversees the operation of all Life Support systems related to patient safety and Operations.
- Oversees, administers, and modifies programs to maintain the physical plant, and equipment through effective utilization of personnel and materials in accordance with local, state and federal codes, and hospital policies / procedures.
- Assist Director with operating and capital budgets.
- Develops and maintains staff training requirements as required, and as needs change.
- Maintains preventive maintenance program to keep the plant and equipment functioning in a safe and efficient manner.
Required: Associates degree in facilities related field. Trade school education and additional five years trade experience may be considered.
Preferred: Bachelors degree (Engineering) strongly preferred
Required: Five years hospital experience with at least three years progressive management experience.
Required: CHFM certification. New hire can be given the opportunity to acquire certification within one year of employment if other qualifications are met.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.