Primary Location: United States-Austin-Fairmont Austin
Employee Status: Regular
Assistant Director, Rooms
Experiencing warm and engaging service in luxurious surroundings is at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. As Assistant Director, Rooms, the strategic support and leadership you provide to your teams will ensure exceptional service standards, maximized operating results and memorable guest experiences.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Austin offers 1,048 guestrooms and suites, along with 140,000 square feet of meeting and event space. This is your opportunity to be part of the largest luxury hotel in Austin, one of the fastest growing markets in
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Rooms, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and manage the day to day operations of Front Office, Guest Services, Royal Service, Fairmont Gold, Guest Experience and Housekeeping ensuring all service standards are followed
- Assist in preparation annual budgets and forecasts and administer in a fiscally responsible manner
- Lead and support all areas in the achievement of their financial and operational targets
- Control all purchases for the department, consistently aware of quality and cost
- Assist in the preparation of the annual strategic plan and achieve the goals and targets therein
- Ensure effective and proactive yield management, increasing RevPAR index within the competitive set
- Oversee group business, reviewing and ensuring details of group resumes are met
- Oversee the selection, training and development of all Colleagues to ensure timely recruitment and career growth
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
Previous experience in a senior leadership role require
Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications required
University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable
Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!