Chicago magazine is an authority in covering the arts, culture, dining, real estate, politics, and city life in Chicago. We’re excited to be seeking a savvy digital editor to oversee the magazine’s social media and web presence.
As engagement editor, you’ll be tasked with putting our stories in front of a growing online audience. In addition to running our social media channels, you’ll also bolster our digital brand, engage with our audience, and pitch, write, and edit stories as needed.
- Manage Chicago magazine’s social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, and, along with our art team, Instagram
- Work to build Chicago’s audience on new digital channels, like SnapChat, Reddit, and LinkedIn
- Pitch, write, and edit stories for chicagomag.com as needed
- Light research and administrative duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and one to two years’ experience in digital journalism (social media experience is preferred but not required)
- Outstanding reporting, writing, and editing skills
- Strong voice on Twitter, Facebook, and other social channels
- A passion for reading and writing about Chicago
- Strong digital savviness, including awareness of industry trends and best practices
- A detail-oriented editorial eye and strong digital news judgement
- Experience using Google Analytics and Chartbeat preferred