Job Ref.: 3593
Job Title: Assistant Electrical Project Manager
Role: Engineering, Science, or Related
Relocation Available: No, but a short easy move may be okay
Town / City: Suffolk
Job Type: Permanent full-time
- Prepare complete estimate for selected project with detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, takeoff information, contracting, and the like.
- Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, AE representatives, other contractors, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of onsite administrative staff in accounting, purchasing, etc.).
- Supervise craft employees and/or other contractors as required by the contract.
- Provide technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required. Initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
- Assume responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials & equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Perform additional assignments per Supervisor's direction.
- Minimum of 4 years construction management, estimating, and/or craft supervision experience on electrical projects.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods); craft agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations; engineering, estimating, schedules and safety required.
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills essential
Bottom Line Requirements:
Apply for this job