Position: Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Reports To: Executive Housekeeper
As a highly visible member of the property’s team, the Assistant Executive Housekeeper serves as a key support resource to the operation. Working in close partnership with the Executive Housekeeper and other department heads, to ensure that the highest standards for cleanliness, safety and sanitation are maintained throughout the hotel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for room inspections on a daily basis.
- Assist in the day-to-day running of the housekeeping department to ensure a high degree of hotel cleanliness.
- Assists with hiring, supervising, disciplining and training of all staff under the direction of the Housekeeping Department and assists with administrative tasks associated with maintaining proper documentation such as payroll timekeeping records, staff schedules, vacation hours, etc.
- Within guidelines established by the hotel or management company, maintain cleanliness and hygiene standards for the property
- Organize day-to-day work requirements and abide by required standards against which work will be checked, in accordance with correct procedures.
- Assist in ensuring that all equipment, furniture and furnishings are maintained, checked and kept in good working order.
- Ensure that special requests from guests are carried out in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Work with head housekeeper to ensure that guest expectations are consistently met and where possible, exceeded.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Minimum 6 months housekeeping experience.
- The ability to work and communicate effectively with the general public, employees, co-workers and with all levels of management.
- Ability to direct housekeeping staff on cleaning duties.
- Attention to detail ability to set and meet high standards of room cleanliness.
- Must be able to properly use cleaning supplies and chemicals
- Must be able to walk, climb stairs, stand, bend, crouch, kneel, reach overhead, twist, lift, push, pull and carry
- Must be able to push and pull a fully loaded wheeled cart in excess of 100 lbs.
Benefits Offered to Full Time Employees:
- Health / Dental / Vision / Life
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer