John’s Island Club is seeking an experienced Assistant Facilities Director to co-manage the daily operations of the Facilities Maintenance Department. This is a full-time, exempt-level position that includes a full benefits package, including: health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off, 401(k) retirement savings plan with dollar for dollar company match and immediate vesting, and meals while on duty. We are proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible to assure that all facilities are safe for all employees, members and guests.
- Assign building repairs and maintenance projects.
- Prepare maintenance and repair schedules.
- Monitor the preventative maintenance program.
- Ensure all buildings are in compliance with building and fire codes.
- Direct and supervise maintenance team in daily activities.
- Perform routine facility inspections.
- Routinely check and assist personnel in completion of jobs.
- Perform routine coding of invoices.
- Schedule outside vendors as needed for repairs.
- Update Facility PM Schedules and work with team to complete all PM’s in a timely manner.
- Maintain Facility Dude database as part of preventative maintenance program.
- Provide monthly safety training to the staff.
- Arrange for additional training as needed for staff development.
- Develop and orient new staff and development of existing staff.
- Work closely with the Catering Department in various party set-ups.
- Provide and update weekly scheduling of staff, assuring proper coverage of both shifts.
- On call for after-hour emergencies as scheduled, as well as is part of the on-call for Hurricane Preparation Plan.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and submit a justified capital expenditure plan each year to the Facilities Manager.
- Assist the department manager in the operating budget development.
- Recommend hiring and replacement of staff.
- Perform disciplinary actions and annual evaluation of staff with the Facilities Manager.
- Purchase supplies needed for jobs and inventory.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Minimum 10 years prior experience in at least one of the following areas: facilities maintenance, electrical or refrigeration systems, including minimum 5 years in facilities management, with strong supervisory experience.
- Strong skills, knowledge and understanding of various areas of building maintenance, HVAC systems, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, parking lot maintenance.
- Strong mechanical/maintenance trouble shooting skills.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, with ability to read, write, speak, & understand English.
- Good basic computer skills and familiarity with MS Office Suite or similar.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of applicable OSHA, state and local regulations. Ability to interpret and apply Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Strong and proven supervisory, leadership and organizational skills, with proven ability to lead and motivate staff through team building and empowerment, and to train staff.
- Valid driver's license, with satisfactory driving record.
- Certification or licensure in one of the following areas: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration.
Special Working Conditions:
- Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, and move up to 50 pounds, stoop, walk, sit and bend.
- Works primarily in varying environmental conditions, with exposure to extremes of heat and cold, dirt, heights, confined spaces, potential electrical and other hazards.
- Flexible work schedule, nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
Come to John's Island Club, and start loving where you work!