EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of commercial space across the United States. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and education sectors.
Assistant Facility Manager
EMCOR Facilities Services has an immediate opening for an Assistant Facility Manager in Middle River, MD. The Assistant Facility Manager will report to the EMCOR Facility Manager and provide quality service and high work standards to maintain a professional working environment. Provides daily support and operational updates to the customer along with managing projects for the customer and providing status of those projects. The responsibilities are to ensure maximum operational success while working with the maintenance personnel to ensure duties are completed safely, effectively and properly documented within OSHA and internal standards. Develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of facility, personnel and processes. Manage / Respond to breakdowns, emergency calls and oversee time-critical repairs 24/7. Plan and oversee execution of audits, routine maintenance and improvement projects for facility and equipment. Promote preventative and predictive maintenance program effectively utilizing the CMMS. Assumes overall responsibility for facility management and operations of the campus and multiple clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates effectively with Client Site Manager to determine service needs. Coordinates and supervise EMCOR and client sub-contractors while performing service on site.
- Organize work load to manage normal day to day activities, emergency assignments and special projects (both Company and Customer) to ensure all Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and performance objectives are completed to satisfaction. Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reports.
- Manage all financials; including, but not limited to, monthly billing statement review, expense forms, purchase orders, capital forecasting and budget.
- Evaluate physical buildings, assets, equipment and processes for compliance to standards (both Company and Customer); includes annual audit and intermittent reviews.
- Investigate, develop and implement projects, processes or activities to reduce or contain costs, increase quality levels and meet standards. Utilize technical competency, relevant work experience and comprehensive / diverse facilities engineering knowledge to generate creative solutions.
- Foster a positive work environment with associates and customer. For associates, train, mentor, manage the review process and engage in associate development. For customer, develop and maintain a positive relationship that supports open dialogue.
- Promote commitment to environmental health and safety by adhering to safety practices, investigating concerns and making recommendations. Ensures all employees complete the required weekly, monthly and annual safety training and fosters the EMCOR safety culture
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, or Engineering or demonstrated equivalent.
- 7-10 years’ of progressive management/supervisory experience in managing contracts for maintenance, operation, and/or construction services for facilities, utilities, or infrastructure.
- U.S. driver’s license.
- OSHA 10 hour and/or 30 Hour card, BOMA, IFMA, LEED Certifications a plus.
- The ability to lift 50lbs, climb ladders and ability to walk the facility throughout the day are required. Have the ability to regularly kneel repetitively during shift. Have the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis. Have the ability to work and maneuver on a variety of terrains including the ability to perform/manage snow removal details. Have the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. May be required to work in confined, restricted and hot areas. Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.