At Crete Carrier, we value both hard work and work-life balance. We appreciate our employees and respect their contributions to our ongoing success. In return, we offer employees a place to thrive in their careers. We encourage employees to find purpose and make a difference; we offer multiple development plans and career advancement opportunities. We want employees to be engaged and to participate in our mission. Would you like to join us?
Visit us at www.creteopenjobs.com to join the #CreteFam today!
As an Assistant Fleet Manager, you will:
- Directly carry out supervisory responsibilities to effectively manage personnel to include interviewing, hiring, and training, planning, assigning work, appraising performance, disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Facilitate rapid solutions to driver questions and problems and serves as the primary channel of communication for drivers.
- Work with office/shop personnel and drivers to meet company goals and resolve problems affecting equipment utilization, driver turnover, and driver productivity.
- Provide training and instruction to drivers on various topics.
- Assign drivers to equipment and conducts all required driver tests in accordance with company and DOT policy.
- Check all tractors for permits and insures all lost permits are replaced.
- Attend driver recruiting events as needed.
- Ensure facilities and grounds are properly maintained, cleaned, and repaired as needed in order to present a professional appearance.
- Keep informed of company policies and procedures.
- Travel as needed.
We are looking for someone with proficient computer skills and excellent communication. Being able to make decisions promptly and independently is a must. This position does require obtaining certification for drug and alcohol testing. If you like daily challenges in a fast paced environment, then we want to hear from you!
Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8am-5pm with a rotating Saturday shift scheduled 8am-Noon.
Compensation: Starts between $43,000-$48,000 /annually with eligibility for a full benefits package.
Take the first step in being #MilesAhead in your career with Crete Carrier! Visit us at www.CreteOpenJobs.com to apply today!