Openings as of 4/26/2019
- Assistant Football Coach (5 Positions)
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
WHS - Brookside Campus
- Assistant Football Coach
Who We Are:
Waukegan Community Unit School District No. 60 serves nearly 17,000 students in preschool through grade 12 and is located halfway between Chicago, Illinois and Milwaukee, Wisconsin on the shores of Lake Michigan. Our District has one early learning center, 15 elementary schools, five middle schools and a high school program divided between two 9 – 12th grade campuses. The District encompasses portions of Waukegan, Beach Park and Park City.
Why We Do This Work:
The Waukegan Community Unit School District No. 60 has set an ambitious agenda for change, guided by the belief that all children, regardless of circumstances, can achieve at high levels and academic gaps can and will be eliminated with the support of teachers who deliver engaging, relevant, and academically rigorous instruction that excites students and instills a love of learning in them.
The Assistant Football Coach will be directly responsible to the Head Coach and Athletic Director.
- Build a positive relationship with booster club, community, teaching staff, coaching staff, student body, and administration;
- Supervise student athletes;
- Instill the value of physical fitness, social development, sportsmanship, and academic achievement in student athletes;
- Provide adequate instructions for fundamentals;
- Demonstrate techniques and mechanics of fundamentals;
- Evaluate student athlete techniques and mechanic for fundamentals;
- Correct flaws and defects in student athletes performances;
- Plan strategies for competition;
- Make adjustments during competition;
- Cooperate with fellow coaches, officials and school personnel;
- Instill a value of knowledge and appreciation for the characteristic of the sport.
- Be supportive of the head coach;
- Accept duties assigned by the head coach;
- Respects and enforces the letter and intent of rules and regulation and Code of Behavior with integrity;
- Dress appropriately for practice and games;
- Display enthusiasm in coaching;
- Develops athletes’ leadership skills;
- Help players develop and strengthen values and morals;
- Exhibits knowledge of the sport;
- Maintain high ethical standard for coaches and students;
- Promote all sports in the athletic program;
- Cooperative in sharing facilities;
- Is prompt in meeting team for practice, competition, buses and meetings.
- Must have valid Illinois Standard Teaching Certificate or have satisfactorily completed a coaching training program approved by the IHSA Board of Director (ASEP);
- CPR/AED certified.
Salary: Per Teacher Contract
Additional Information: None
Application Deadline: Candidates must submit an online application by the closing date.
Only online applications will be considered for interviews.
Waukegan Community Unit School District 60 offers employment opportunities without regard to age, gender, race, color, national origin, religion,
marital or military/veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, genetics or disability.