North Bend Middle School
End Date: 10/16/2020
Sarlary Range: $1471.00 - $2943.00
JOB GOAL: Assist the Head Coach with instruction of athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical trainingnecessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the sametime, the Assistant Coach must instruct and demonstrate behaviors that lead to sociallyacceptable character development, self-discipline, self-confidence, and pride ofaccomplishment in the student athletes. To upgrade his/her knowledge and skillsthrough coaching clinics, observations, consultation, etc.
1. Has the ability to assist in the organizing and supervision of a total sports program.
2. Has previous successful coaching experience.
3. The Assistant Coach must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sportand, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent tothe field.
4. The Assistant Coach must serve as an appropriate role model for student athletes throughhis/her instructions and actions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has a thorough knowledge of all the athletic policiesand is responsible for their implementation.
- Has knowledge of existing system, state and league regulations; implements same consistently andinterprets them for staff.
- Serves as a mentor to each athlete to promote the development and demonstration in student athletesthe character traits of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
- By his/her presence at all practices games and while traveling, provides assistance, guidance andsafeguards for each participant.
- Provides training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete who isconsidered a participant.
- Directs student managers, assistants and statisticians.
- Maintains confidentiality when dealing with student, staff, and/or parent information.
- Is accountable for all equipment and collects the cost of any equipment lost or not returned.
- Arranges for issuing, storing and reconditioning of equipment and submits annual inventory andcurrent records concerning same.
- Properly marks and identifies all equipment before issuing or storing.
- Monitors equipment rooms and coaches' offices, authorizes who may enter, issue or requisitionequipment.
- Permits the athletes to only be in authorized areas of the building at the appropriate times.
- Examines locker rooms before and after practices and games, checking on general cleanliness of thefacility. Responsible for cleanliness and maintenance of specific sport equipment.
- Secures all doors, lights, windows and locks before leaving building if custodians are not on duty.
- Instills in each player a respect for equipment and school property, its care and proper use.
- Promotes the sport within the school through recruiting athletes who are not in another sportsprogram and promotes the sport outside the school through news media, little league programs, or inany other feasible manner.
- Supports the Head Coach in all aspects, including but not limited to, offensive and defensive philosophies, helping scout local games, practice philosophies, and public support of fellow coaches at all times.
The position includes other unusual aspect such as extended time, risk injuryfactor and due process predicaments.
It is the express intent of this job description to give sufficient guidance tofunction. In cases not specifically covered, it shall be assumed that a coachshall exercise common sense and good judgment.
PREFERRED LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, BONDING AND/OR TESTING REQUIRED:
- Possess a valid First Aid card
- Possess a valid Oregon Driver’s License
- Annual concussion training / Steroid education certification
- Heat/Hydration certification
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance required
- Criminal Background Check and pre-employment drug screening required
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the