Our Assistant Front End Managers are responsible for ensuring outstanding guest service on the Front End of the store. The Front End team ensures the overall appearance of the department and check out experience is excellent for all guests. Assistant Front End Managers assists the Front End Manager managing the Cashiers, Courtesy Clerks and the Scanning Coordinator. Together this team has an impact on the store’s ability to serve our guests with accuracy and excellent service. It is expected that the Front-End team is a role model of exceptional guest service.
What you will do in a typical day:
- Guest Service is a priority! Greet guests, answer questions in a friendly manner, proactively assist guests with accurate and timely information, make product/service recommendations and accommodating special requests.
- Prioritizing department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines is a must.
- Maintain knowledge of products throughout the store, weekly ad items and work across departments to provide and assist guests in finding products & complete meal solutions.
- Manage and assist all functions and activities of the Front End Department by:
- Security of funds in the store and secured at all times, cash policies adhered to. Help to reduce losses due to shrink, damage, and pilferage, monitoring activities of cashiers, ensuring the accuracy of the cash exchange.
- Adhere to TFM cash handling policies to secure funds which come in cash, coupons and credit.
- Ensuring team members are properly trained and following TFM alcohol sales policies and that all state and local alcohol sales regulations are followed.
- Manage the Scanning Coordinator ensuring shelf tags and signage is accurate, including managing weekly audits are completed
- Perform activities with discretion, including physical security of keys, tills, safe, store codes and maintaining guest and team member personal information confidentially.
- Assist other departments with inventories; enforce and follow department practices regarding rotation, stocking and the unloading of product to ensure freshness and quality.
- Observe all store rules, company policies and handbook guidelines, shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by store management.
- Inspecting and storing products to ensure quality, following proper rotation, cleaning, sanitation procedures, operating equipment in a safe and focused manner while tracking date and rotation of products and completing any necessary reports
- Following all company guidelines and procedures to include but not limited to safety and sanitation and preparation while cleaning including disassembling, washing, rinsing, and sanitizing all equipment within the work area. Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations
- Assist in managing the team by:
- Properly training the team through TFM systems and on-the-job training to provide excellent guest service in a safe and secure manner, as well as to perform their duties with accuracy, minimizing any exposure to loss
- Providing counselling, coaching of the team independently and in cooperation with other members of store management.
- Creating and managing team schedules, ensuring breaks as required and to satisfy business needs
- Ensuring the retention of team members and minimizing labor costs
- Maintaining excellent written and verbal communication within the Front-End department and store management at all times
Working Condition & Physical Requirements
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, repetitive grasping, lifting, bending, reaching and exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his/her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- Responsible for moving or lifting an average of 10-60 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 80 pounds occasionally
- Able to work a flexible schedule including nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, ladders, stepstools, box cutters, pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery
Bonus if you bring:
- Grocery, bookkeeping and/or hospitality experience
- Production Planning Software experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.