Position Title: Assistant Front End Manager
Supervisor: Front End Manager
The Assistant Front End Manager provides leadership and guidance to cashiers, supervisors and loaders, along with continuous feedback to ensure optimum productivity and that customer service/satisfaction is always at its peak
- Monitor all front end activities between customers, cashiers, loaders and supervisors
- Monitor and authorize price adjustments, voids, cancelled transactions, returns, and check transactions.
- Ensure guidelines and procedures are followed to minimized any losses from theft, robbery and employee dishonesty
- Monitor front end and direct cashiers to open lanes as needed
- Ensure cashiers are serving all customers as quickly as possible and following proper procedures during checkout.
- Close (cash out) cashiers and make cash drops as needed.
- Provide assistance to all supervisors
- Diffuse any problems customers and/or employees may encounter.
- Schedule breaks and lunches for cashiers, loaders and supervisors
- Ensure the supervisors, cashiers and loaders are keeping register area and restrooms clean neat and organized
- Perform end of day and cash room procedures as needed.
- Perform Cashier Audits and Certifications
- Work cash register as needed to ensure prompt service.
- Performs other work-related duties as required and assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Basic Math and 10-key point of sale system
- Exceptional working knowledge of current POS system
- Understand the concept of providing superior Customer Service
- End of day (night job), basic Cash Room, and some working knowledge of Inventory Control required.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with the ability to resolve customer issues at the front end in a professional and courteous manner
- Good decision making skills required
- Lift/Carry Abilities (measured for maximum or average load)
- Lift – 50 lbs
- Carry strength (50’ or less) – 50 lbs
- Physical Aptitudes (rated based on level of skill involved)
- Agility/dynamic balance 80-100%
- Finger dexterity – 80-100%
- Manual dexterity – 80 – 100%
- Posture Tolerance (rated based on frequency or time involved)
- Stand/walk – constantly
- Reach above shoulder level – occasionally
- Twist/turn head – frequently
- Bend over/stoop – occasionally
- Climb steps/ladder – occasionally
- Kneel/squat – occasionally
- Environment may be warm or cold depending on the time of year, due to the proximity of the working area to the main doors, the areas temperature fluctuates with the climate outside.
- Lighting and traditional office equipment is found as in a typical office environment.
- Carts loaded with merchandise are constantly being moved in the area
I fully understand the responsibilities and qualifications required for this job. Furthermore, I find that I am capable of performing the required functions.