The beautiful DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Rapids Airport is seeking a dynamic, organized, dedicated and personable individual to assist with the day to day operations of the Front Office. Duties would include but are not limited to effectively communicating with Front Desk and Reservations staff in a clear and concise manner; competency in reservations and guest services; familiarity with PMS systems; the ability to assist with reporting needs as assigned by the Front Office Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Ability to effectively deal with guests, some of who will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
* Basic mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
* Ability to listen effectively and to speak English clearly to communicate with customers and employees and prepare written complex reports of room availability and revenues generated.
* Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations and to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
* Ability to lift and transport metal deposit boxes weighing up to 15lbs.
* Ability to analyze information and make effective judgments.