This position assists in the mitigation of legal risks to the Company in the areas of labor and employment law and general corporate practice.
- Provide advice and counsel to internal clients on employee rights and responsibilities regarding discipline, discharge, leave (e.g., ADA, FMLA and PTO), workers compensation and regulatory compliance.
- Provide advice and counsel to internal clients on union labor issues, negotiate union agreements, and serve as highest designated officer for all trades.
- Work effectively with outside counsel to manage administrative charges and lawsuits.
- Assist with development of employment policies and procedures.
- Work effectively with internal client to provide legal advice and support on a broad range of contractual and transactional matters and issues
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Minimum Degree: Juris Doctor Degree
Minimum experience: 3 years' experience in an industrial or commercial sector
Required Industry Experience (Construction, Insulation, Trades, etc.): Experience in commercial and transactional matters with an expert grasp of contracting concepts.
- Preference will be afforded to candidates who are able to demonstrate significant experience in the broadest range of Essential Functions outlined above, particularly on behalf of a publicly held corporation
- Litigation experience and significant experience with a variety of labor and employment, commercial and transactional matters are a plus.
- A team player, self-motivated, and able to demonstrate a history of successfully resolving challenging legal issues and effectively delivering sound and clear legal advice in a business setting. He or she will also be able to work cross-functionally and build consensus among various stakeholders
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to appropriately manage a heavy workflow, setting priorities with clients and delivering results within agreed timelines
- Ability to advance a positive spirit of partnership and collaboration with internal clients as well as with internal legal colleagues and outside counsel
- Ability to think creatively and devise solutions to challenging problems
We Offer Full Benefits:
- Competitive Pay & Benefit Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life, Disability
- Flexible spending account (FSA)