Location: San Jose, CA, United States
Type of Employee: Full Time
Vocera delivers the leading platform for clinical communication and workflow. Our mission is to simplify and improve the lives of healthcare professionals, patients, and families while enabling hospitals to enhance quality of care and operational efficiency and humanize the healthcare experience. Hospitals and health systems around the world have selected our solutions to enable care teams to communicate and collaborate using smartphones or our hands-free, wearable Vocera Smartbadge and Vocera Badge. They can create a richer, more human connection for patients and their loved ones before, during, and after care using Vocera Ease applications. Our platform is interoperable with most clinical and operational systems used in hospitals. In addition to healthcare, Vocera solutions are found in aged care facilities, veterinary hospitals, luxury hotels, retail stores, schools, power facilities, libraries, and more. Vocera is headquartered in San Jose, California, with offices in San Francisco, Indiana, Orlando, Canada, India, United Arab Emirates, Australia, and the United Kingdom. Learn more at www.vocera.com and follow @VoceraComm and @VoceraEase on Twitter.
Position Description: Vocera is looking for an assistant general counsel who will be responsible for supporting corporate strategic and tactical legal initiatives. In this role you will provide senior management with effective advice on company strategies and their implementation. You will be directly involved in complex business transactions and in negotiating critical contracts. This position reports to the VP Legal & General Counsel.
- Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provides continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters
- You will advise the company and senior management on a broad range of federal and state regulatory and compliance matters, including identifying areas of risk and making suggestions for improvement
- Artfully perform contract negotiations and contract management
- Assume ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable SEC requirements
- Negotiating transactions on behalf of the company; Serves as key legal partner on all major business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and other strategic transactions
- Assists in developing new processes and strategies to enhance scalability and efficiency
- Strong customer and client focus
- Leadership and Collaboration skills: with strong analytical skills, and able to make informed decisions based on prior experience and sound instincts
- Executive Presence and Influencing skills: Shown ability to lead complex projects
- Business Partnership: Ability to understand business realities, provide practical advice and make difficult decisions under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- J.D. degree and has passed the California bar exam or equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience in legal work at law firm and/or corporation
- 10+ years’ legal senior management experience, at least 6 years with technology or healthcare related businesses
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, privacy, litigation, labor law, etc)
- Well-versed in how business operate with financial acumen
- First class interpersonal and communication skills; High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas
- Up to 10% of travel required
Belief in Diversity
Vocera Communications is an Affirmative Action Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.