Huntington Hotel Group is excited to announce it is accepting applications for Assistant General Manager at the Sunnyvale Homewood Suites by Hilton. Scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2021, this brand new hotel is located in the heart of Silicon Valley, close to all the tech giants such as Apple, Facebook, and more. Our extended stay hotel boosts 127 suites, pool, fitness center, outdoor BBQs and patio. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ branded Department Manager experience. Hilton experience is preferred.
Description: Department: Operations
Position Title: Assistant General Manager
Immediate Supervisor’s Title: General Manager
The purpose of the Assistant General Manager is to manage all departments and work towards total guest satisfaction by providing knowledge, support and guidance to all associates; total responsibility for hiring, training and developing talented associates with a significant emphasis on GSS and AOS.; ensure that all associates are compliant with all policies, standards, procedures and regulations; accommodates guest needs and performs all department functions; assist the general manager and corporate office in all areas to guarantee operational efficiency.
GENERAL CONDITIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL POSITIONS
- A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Some requirements may exclude individuals who post a direct threat of significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related duties as specified by their supervisor.
- Requirements are representative of minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied, or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and associates
- Flexible and has what it takes to get the job done
- Well presented; is well groomed and can conform to hotel’s dress code
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced environment
- Total commitment to guest satisfaction
- Customer/Guest Service Management experience
- Previous Hotel experience preferred but not required
- Capable of multi-property management
- Personable with good people skills
- Displays aggressive hospitality
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Has a great eye for detail
- Manage a multi-cultural staff; lead in a manner that embraces diversity; understand each associate’s cultural differences; handle disciplinary issues in a sensitive manner
- Ensure that brand standards are being met.
- Knowledge of all emergency plans; know how to act upon them and notify general and or regional manager by thoroughly completing and submitting an incident report.
- Report any unusual occurrences immediately to the general manager.
- Initiate and maintain recognition programs for associates are in place and working.
- Assist general manager in facilitating weekly HOD meetings. Attend monthly department meetings, and participate in forecast meetings and sales strategy meetings when needed.
- Visible in the guest area during high traffic times to assist the front office associates / kitchen attendants to ensure smooth operations.
- Has action plans in place to meet AOS and GSS goals.
- Principal GSS goal - to retain a 92% in Overall Satisfaction.
- Principal AOS goal – to retain a 88% in Quality of Life at Work.
- Prepares all departments for QA by following brand standards and understanding the resource library revisions.
- Assigns and carries out MOD shifts.
- Process payroll - from monitoring associate punches, balancing and entering PTO hours to knowing designated paid company holidays.
- Act as the on-site human resources representative. Be familiar with state laws.
- Maintain validity of permits, certificates and licenses to ensure compliance
- At all times strive to represent the company and brand in the most professional and courteous manner.
- Able to handle cash responsibly and prepare deposits by the close of business each day.
- Communicate with department heads and supervisors about daily audits and controls so all are informed about proper procedures.
- Initiate and follow up on additional tasks to improve existing procedures and guest satisfaction.
- Resolve system problems and operate the system manually. Can lead the staff through a down time.
- Deliver exceptional guest service EVERY time
- Smile and make eye contact with guests at 15feet, a friendly greeting at 5 feet.
- Must be able to read and understand guest folios
- Successfully troubleshoot discrepancies from previous shifts and correct
- Balance all daily transactions and transmit figures to corporate headquarters
- Respond and follow up on assigned customer care issues
- Ensure confidentiality of user log-ons. Ensure that users are logged out when leaving the area.
- Train and develop associates to the highest possible level. Ensure that daily training is provided for technical, hospitality, communication, management, and organizational skills.
- Lead by example: Provide high-quality service and uncompromising hospitality towards all customers.
- Use empowerment to make decisions leading towards total customer satisfaction.
- Control costs effectively to meet budget guidelines. Have control system in place for all controllable costs and man hours.
- Be identifiable and accessible at all times
- Respond to requests via e-mail, voice mail within a 2 hour time frame during regular office hours.
- Know all the facilities of the hotel and their hours of operation in the hotel.
- Create memorable check in and check out experiences for guest to encourage repeat visits
- Responsible for the smooth, efficient and professional operation of all departments.
- Ensure that all procedures and policies are in place and followed.
- Conduct audit and controls on a regular basis. Communicate with accounting in case of any irregularities; coaches and counsels associates whenever appropriate.
- Promote excellent communications between the departments.
- Be highly visible during extraordinary events.
- Inform relevant employees about daily operations and events.
- Be familiar with sales strategies; communicate daily with sales team.
- Know all frequent customers and be familiar with their special requests. Ensure that their needs are met by delegating accordingly.
- Seeing – Must be able to see well enough to read reports, drive, and use a computer.
- Hearing - Must be able to hear well enough to communicate on the phone and in person.
- Standing/Walking/Mobility – Must be able to stand to operate office machinery. Must be able to move between departments. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods.
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling – Must be able to climb four flights of stairs. Must be able to stoop and kneel for short periods of time.
- Lifting – Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling – Must be able to write, type, and use the phone system.