At Bamboo Sushi, the Assistant Restaurant Leader (ARL) is responsible for assisting the Restaurant Leader (RL) in coaching team members within the restaurant to uphold the standards for food and beverage quality, team member engagement, financial achievement, standard operating procedures, and the guest experience. This individual will have a specific focus on leading the bar team and overseeing bar operations such as scheduling, inventory, selection of rotational items, creation of special cocktails, and ordering.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- In absence of RL, run shifts effectively in all aspects of the restaurant ensuring service and F&B standards are consistently maintained, utilizing thorough understanding of dining room and kitchen systems and operations.
- Ensure scheduling strategy of the bar team supports the positive performance of restaurant, taking into account individual team member skill levels and par levels per forecastin
- Generate and post FOH schedule at least 2 weeks prior to the beginning of the period and ensure completion of schedule for team members is accurately delegated and posted on time.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of menu items and ingredients, remaining up-to-date with new menu and product initiatives and communicating to ensure team members are proficient in knowledge.
- Ensure all bar and menu items are prepared and presented consistently and accurately during service.
- Maintain accurate pars for bar product, performing regular inventory of all items.
- Provide consistent and continual direction, coaching, and leadership for bartenders in special cocktail creation and best practices for efficiently and effectively increasing sales through storytelling.
- Develop and implement initiatives to increase sales and educate team members on beverage offerings through on-trend cocktail specials and selection of rotating beverage options.
This individual will directly oversee the bar team. In the absence of the RL, the ARL will supervise all FOH team member roles working with BOH leadership to effectively manage shifts.
- Food and Alcohol Handler’s Certification
- At least 2 years of full-service, high-volume restaurant experience managing/supervising shifts
- At least 1 year of experience managing a bar program including scheduling, inventory, and ordering
- High school diploma, or general equivalency diploma (GED) or an equivalent combination of education experience with some college preferred
- Ability to see, hear, read, and write.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal direction.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests, team members, and leadership.
- Strong knowledge of wine, beer, and sake with the ability and interest in developing creative cocktails
- Exceptional leadership and motivational skills with the ability to attract, train, and retain great talent.
- Strong guest focus mentality with the ability to provide an exceptional dining experience for guests and coach team members in consistently executing Bamboo Sushi’s steps of service.
- Ability to define, measure, and attain stretch financial goals for the restaurant with a focus on building year-over-year sales while balancing cost of sales, inventory, and labor.
- Ability to manage work flow, resolve questions and issues, and be flexible in approach when needed.
- Ability to calmly interact and respond to the needs and requests of guests, team members, and leadership from a solution-oriented and “kaizen” perspective.
- Ability to work with full mobility in a fast-paced environment during entire shift.
- Comfort and proficiency working on and with computers and software systems (POS, reservation system, restaurant inventory system).
- Ability to work a full-time and flexible schedule, as needed.