JOB TITLE: Assistant General Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager
JOB TYPE: full time, hourly
The Assistant General Manager contributes to the success of their venue through the direction and control of store operations to ensure a positive guest experience and company profitability. The Assistant General Managerâ€™s responsibility is to direct the operation of the store, assist the GM in attaining sales and profit objectives, maintain the highest standards of food quality, service, cleanliness, safety and sanitation by directing and supervising all member of the SunLife Organics team. All company leaders are expected to be an active part/member of the local community which includes shopping locally, socializing with local vendors and neighboring storefront employees, working out at local gyms and being present at local community events.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment.
- The ability to speak, see, hear, read, write, taste, smell.
- Must have the ability to work 30 to 40 hours a week. Must be able to occasionally work overtime if approved.
- Must be able to spend a minimum of 90% of working time standing.
- The ability to walk, bend, kneel, handle, reach, squat, crawl, climb, stoop, and other related physical activities.
- The ability to lift up to 60 pounds as needed.
- The ability to work all shifts, including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with our guests.
- Must respond to all contact attempts; this includes answering all calls, texts, or emails promptly.
- Overall operational knowledge
- Safety and sanitation fundamentals
- Some computer skills; including Gmail, Google Drive, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
- Effective Communication
- Guest Reconciliation and Relations
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- Can effectively solve problems.
- Able to take and give direction.
- Can be flexible as needs dictate.
- Work well with other people in a team environment.
- Work schedule reflects the needs of the operation
- Can balance global strategic objectives with day to day operations
- Other duties that may be assigned to help company meet goals
- Recruit, motivate, and evaluate all Associates.
- Create positive relationships with Associates by treating all members with respect.
- Minimize turnover by responding to and resolving Associate issues.
- Support and practice an open door policy.
- Implement programs to reward positive contributions. Recognize and promote positive performers. Coach and counsel Associates whose performance is below expectations.
- Ensure that timely performance reviews of all Associates and Managers are conducted.
- Maintain a trained staff through effective use of employment orientation, individual training sessions, employee meetings and implementation of company training programs.
- Assure compliance with company policies, practices and procedures; communicate changes. Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Ensure prompt, friendly service according to SunLife guidelines.
- Direct overall activities and performance of Associates on a shift-by-shift basis.
- Drive positive Guest experience through floor presence.
- Maintain the proper atmosphere through music levels and DVDâ€™s at all times.
- Promote an atmosphere of positive Guest Relations. Build Guest relationships and respond to Guest complaints or concerns professionally and in a timely manner. Responsible for written communications with Guests.
- Maintain and inspect front serving area, food receiving, preparation, production, and storage areas to ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times. Correct unsafe practices or conditions.
- Supervise cleaning and maintenance of equipment and arrange for repairs, contracts, and other services. Maintain store cleanliness and organization for both the interior and exterior of the store.
- General store organization.
- Display, encourage, and inspire high morale and motivation in the store.
- Co-host meetings with GM to share information, or conduct supplemental training.
- Show daily attention, participation and sensitivity needed to establish credibility and promote unity in the team.
- Hold the team accountable for their areas of responsibility.
- Respond to team conflicts professionally and work towards positive resolutions.
- Set a good example through attitude, involvement, and positive influence.
- Establish an environment that does not permit or promote sexual or any other kinds of harassment.
- Ensure store is staffed properly to avoid workload and poor morale issues.
COST MANAGEMENT & PROFITABILITY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review financial information such as sales and costs and monitor Budget to ensure efficient operation and that expenditures stay within Budget expectations. Take action to correct any deviations. Utilize inventory management software to review and analyze information.
- Maintain and control store assets. Monitor storeâ€™s on-hand inventory for waste and theft.
- Utilize operational checklists to ensure product standards and specifications.
- Ensure adequate inventory levels that allow for Guest needs but do not tie up company assets in unneeded and costly inventory.
- Complete daily paperwork and projects on a timely basis.
- Comply with cash control policies and procedures. Ensure all Associates and Samurai comply with cash control policy and procedures.
- Drive positive results for labor through proactive scheduling and reacting to business trends.
- Control operating costs by communicating awareness through the store.
- Report employee relation issues of a sensitive nature to GM.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department. SunLife Organics is an equal opportunity employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
Powered by JazzHR