The Assistant General Manager assists the General Manager in overseeing all facets of a branch operation. Reports to the General Manager.
- Assist the GM with the oversight of all facets of the day-to day branch operation.
- Ensure that customer service and quality standards are met.
- Assist with Staff supervision.
- Develop and maintain a team oriented environment.
- Assist in budgeting, supply-demand analysis, process modeling and management to ensure that financial goals are met.
- Train, motivate and develop a strong team to fuel the branch’s growth and profitability.
- Remain current with industry trends and assist with providing market assessments to the General Manager.
- Assist with making certain that physical maintenance and safety standards are met.
- May work on various projects as assigned by management.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in the areas of production, sales and service, with a minimum of five years successful experience in a sales, service or general management position within the textile services industry.
- Show excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, and superior organizational skills.
- Possess a proven ability to lead, motivate and develop staff.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to superior customer service and business growth.
- Display enthusiasm and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Present strong supervisory skills and experience.
- Show successful experience dealing with unions and labor relations.
- Have a valid driver’s license and maintain a driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding, safety or other violations.
- College degree in Business or related field is preferred.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands/Requirements consist of standing, sitting, walking, stooping, driving, grasping, moving equipment, pushing, pulling, reading, speaking, hearing, and lifting up to 30 lbs.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Vehicles on public roads, inside general offices, customer locations, areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, Service Center or depot.
- Regularly, driving by vehicle within a designated branch territory. Occasional travel by plane.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
See job description
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation/paid time off
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid sick days