At Paradies Lagardère, our mission is to maintain first-class standards that exceed the expectations of the customers and business partners we serve. Our Dining Division is a true restaurateur. We are passionate about connecting with each of our guests on multiple levels. From an inspiring restaurant design or live entertainment that captures a traveler’s attention, to the top-notch quality of our culinary offerings and the exceptional hospitality delivered by our teams, we focus on more than just restaurant operations. We specialize in experiences.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for delivering exceptional guest service through the selection, development, and motivation of associates and by managing the daily operations of a restaurant to optimize profits. Whether leading an on-trend national brand, or an iconic concept from the local community, you will create and deliver first-class experiences for the traveling public.
In joining our team, you commit to supporting this mission by demonstrating our service standards and holding all team members to the same. Providing a safe work environment of trust and respect free of harassment is expected.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All Paradies Lagardère positions, including the Assistant General Manager, require that you embody a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service with a smile to customers and team members.
You must embrace our family culture by following our core values, TRIFIC (Trust, Respect, Integrity, First-Class, Innovation, Commitment), recognize and satisfy all restaurant guests, as well as be accountable to the Company and Restaurant Managers. Functions include, but are not limited to the following areas:
Build a great workplace for strong performers by promoting and driving an engaged workforce, career development, and learning.
• Must be passionate about supporting your TEAM!
• Inspire and mentor all team members to reach their full potential. Develop bench strength for all positions within your assigned area of responsibility, ensuring upward mobility for high performing team members and managers. Partner with General Manager to develop training plans for high performing associates.
• Consistently recognize team members when they excel. Actively coaching and holding direct reports accountable to all policies and standard operating procedures.
• Source high potential candidates using variety of recruiting avenues. Ensure each candidate is screened using approved interview guides.
• Ensure all direct reports complete all compliance based and brand specific training by the due date.
• Ensure performance goals and expectations for your team are met, providing consistent and on-going feedback.
• Participate in the performance evaluation process for direct reports. Ensure coaching is delivered in a timely manner.
• Drive associate engagement through a variety of methods, including the annual engagement survey. Participate and facilitate scheduled meetings to assess the team’s morale. Work with General Manager to execute action plans designed to improve engagement.
Strengthen expertise in the industry and deliver on our plans, keeping the needs of our internal and external customers in mind.
• Must have a passion for the guest!
• Must say “Yes”, “Please”, and “Thank You”!
• Must smile often!
• Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service, responding to guests and General Manager with a resolution within 24 hours. Take all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
• Role model the behaviors and service expectations you have of your team.
• Maintain a professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, food quality and presentation standards, and grooming standards.
• Be a visible presence, available to members of your team, guests, and airport partners. Monitor the performance of your team and operational systems, making adjustments, as necessary.
• Create a culture that promotes a safe and environment.
• Ensure that all HACCP related initiatives are being followed daily. Partner with General Manager when action must be taken. Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
• Ensure consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
• Complete all opening and closing checklist, as assigned and take appropriate action, if necessary.
• Accurately complete all nightly, weekly, and monthly closing procedures, including paperwork, time adjustments, and voucher and invoice data entry.
Drive top line sales and profitability
• Create and post schedules that are written to maximize sales and ensure guest satisfaction. Labor and payroll goals, as a percentage of sales, must be achieved.
• Complete weekly inventory accurately and according to company guidelines.
• Maintain an acceptable food cost percentage by completing accurate food and beverage orders.
• Ensure associates are following recipe and portioning standards.
• Complete personnel/payroll related administrative duties, as assigned accurately, on time, and following company policies and procedures.
• Adhere to security and loss prevention procedures that are in place to protect associates, guests, and company assets.
• Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Complete accident reports promptly if a guest or associate is injured.
• Communicate daily sales and productivity goals to team. Review financial information with General Manager. All managers are required to know the cost and budget goals.
Identify opportunities and solve them.
• Must have a thorough understanding of all hardware and software systems that are used in your role. This includes inventory, purchasing, forecasting, scheduling, time keeping, email, and electronic filing systems.
• Demonstrate the ability to adapt and adjust readily to fast-moving, ever-changing circumstances, and utilize problem-solving skills and resourcefulness to solve situations.
• In response to key observations, you must be innovative and collaborative in driving departmental success.
Maximize resources to improve process and grow the business.
• Exhibit efficiency in completing job requirements, working with a sense of urgency, consolidating tasks, delegating, and empowering others while managing their efforts.
• Self-driven, work independently, and always do the right thing.
• Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
• Must be able to sustain performance under conditions of stress—such as tight deadlines and detailed questioning.
Develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Role model and provide accessibility to all management and staff for open communication, leadership, direction, and motivation.
• Open-minded to feedback.
• Must have sufficient self-confidence, poise, charisma, and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively as part of a team and to take part in professional discussions.
• Must demonstrate the ability to be a team player and quick learner in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with varying levels of patrons and team members present.
• Must exhibit leadership courage and the ability to coach up as well as coach direct reports.
• 3-5 years of experience restaurant management experience.
• Obtain and maintain current ServSafe Food Manager’s Certification within six months of hire/promotion.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. and perform essential job functions such as standing, bending, reaching, gripping, climbing on a ladder, and walking long distances.
• Standing for long periods and the ability to work in an environment with varying temperatures.
• Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
• Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
• Must agree to work various shifts in a 7/365 team-oriented environment. The schedule is determined by business needs.
• Proficiency required in reading, writing, Microsoft Office, and mathematics.
This position description is merely intended to describe the primary elements of the position. Paradies Lagardère reserves the right to change the position description and to assign additional duties and responsibilities, as necessary. This position description does not constitute an employment contract of any kind.