The Assistant General Manager (AGM) position supports their General Manager and is on the front line with their team. We at Chuze pride ourselves on the 3 C's (Customer Service, Cleanliness, and Culture) and the AGM plays a very important role in upholding all three areas. The AGM is constantly greeting and interacting with members and prospective members, answering the phone, answering questions, giving tours or providing assistance. The AGM leads the team by example in ensuring our facilities are immaculate and follows up to make sure others are doing the same.
When not on the front line, the AGM supports their General Manager in tackling payroll, scheduling, recruiting, member outreach, oversight of inventory and facility maintenance, staff accountability and counseling. The AGM at Chuze Fitness also plays a big part in the training and development of staff through role playing and coaching.
Regular Work Activities -- What are the most frequent and essential work activities in this position?
- Lead the team by example in customer service, cleanliness, and culture
- Manage/lead staff to acceptable professionalism and job performance during day-to-day operations
- Recruit new talent
- Train and coach existing team members and supervisors
- Maintain accountability with supervisors and team members through timely performance reviews.
- Assist the General Manager in administrative duties
- Support General Manager and participate in running monthly staff meetings
- Support General Manager in planning quarterly team bonding events
- Available 35 to 40 hours per week (some weekend availability may be required)
Key Skills -- What behavioral traits, attitudes, and skills are required?
- Extraordinary people skills (needs to set an example and the standard)
- Leadership, management, team-building skills
- Goal setting, organizational, and accountability skills
- Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Proactive, positive attitude
- Pays extreme attention to detail
- Development and training skills
What Can We Do For You?
- Complimentary Gym Membership
- Training events for Company Culture, Equipment Maintenance, and recruiting the right talent
- Leadership Retreats and team bonding events with club managers and district team
- Quarterly Bonus based on club evaluations
- Medical, Dental, Vision & other supplemental insurances
- Paid Vacation
- 401k (eligible after 1 year of employment)
Chuze Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer. A Background check is required for some positions.