Assist the General Manager as directed in all aspects of the store operation including safety, security, customer service, sales, site operations, employment issues, marketing and all state and federal compliance.
- Drive Store Revenue Assist the General Manager in meeting and exceeding revenue and KPI’s including: total revenue, rental revenue, insurance revenue, merchandise revenue, other KPI’s
- Customer Service Actively demonstrate customer focus, owning problem resolution and building customer brand loyalty through exemplary service with a smile.
- Control Expenses Follow company directives, policies and procedures for inventory control, supply purchasing, labor and other controllable expenses.
- Human Resources Assist the General Manager in timely completion of required training by all employees as well as their understanding and execution of content. Follow Human Resources policies & procedures providing a healthy work environment.
- Safety & Security Maintain a safe & secure store environment for all employees, customers and visitors. Ensure that all safety equipment is properly maintained and used. Properly trains all employees on safety policies and practices and enforces compliance. Ensure that company security procedures are followed at all times. Responsible for securing company assets.
- Ensure that the store is opened and closed each business day to ensure proper security and customer service.
- Coach and lead sales employees, including personal sales, to meet or exceed sales and KPI goals.
- Manage the property to ensure all units are safe and in rentable condition at all times. The grounds are well maintained. All systems such as HVAC, elevators, sprinkler, alarm, phones, security and others are in good repair and functionable.
- Ensure that all store standards are consistently met including, but not limited to: safety, cleanliness, security, customer service, cash handling, banking, regulatory compliance etc.
- Ensure that products are ordered in a timely and efficient manner. Ensure that products are properly received, stocked, priced and displayed when they come in.
Required Education, Experience and Credentials
1. High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
2. Prior management experience
3. Prior customer service experience
4. Valid Driver’s License – Must have the minimum required liability auto insurance in accordance with your states law.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Associate degree or bachelor’s degree
2. 3-5 years management experience in a retail or sales environment