Hotel & Position Summary:
We have a select service property and we are looking to add an Assistant General Manager to our team. We are looking for someone with a strong lightspeed background with some exposure to Front Desk, Accounting processes and Housekeeping.
Purpose for the Position:
Manages all assigned departments to effectively support the hotel’s operations and effectiveness. Ensures that guest service exceeds expectations and resolves any complaints or concerns in a professional and courteous manner. Acts as the General Manager in the absence of the General Manager.
- Manages and assigns duties and shifts for assigned workers and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Confers and cooperates with other department heads to ensure coordination of hotel activities.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
- Advises department managers of any operating and expenditure fluctuations and ensures adherence to hotel financial plans.
- As designated manager on duty, may patrol public rooms, investigate disturbances, and warn troublemakers.
- Responsible for brand training and compliance of brand standards in all aspects of the hotel.
- Responsible for managing operating expenses and purchasing for the departments as delegated by the General Manager.
- Compiles and creates reports for the General Manager and assists in communication with Corporate personnel as assigned.
- Will work in various departments to meet the needs of the hotel.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, with all level of associates and guests in a friendly, attentive, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
2. Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by associates and guests.
3. Receive guest complaints and/or requests and ensure that appropriate actions have been taken.
4. Operate computer systems to prepare reports and review status updates.
6. Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and name tag.
7. Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aquila Lodging as required by scheduling, which may vary based upon the needs of the hotel.
8. Must be able to maintain confidentiality of guest information.
9. Reliable transportation to/from hotel and events is required.
Position involves indoor work and typically involves standing and moving throughout the shift. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally, and operate computers, copy machines, telephones, and other office equipment. Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Education and Experience:
At least a high school diploma or GED is required. A degree or certification in the hospitality field, or minimum combination of three years’ branded hotel experience is required. Three years of previous leadership experience required. Ideal candidate will have lightspeed experience.