The Extended Stay Division of Westmont Hospitality Group is currently accepting resumes for a Assistant General Manager.
- Ensure that standards for personnel administration and performance, service to guest, advertising, publicity, and type of patronage to be solicited are met.
- Assist General Manager (GM) in reviewing reports from prior day's business, prepare daily reports and bank deposits.
- Assist with tracking and ordering inventory.
- Inspect guests' rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness and appearance.
- Answer guest's complaints and resolve problems; and render lockouts and evictions.
- Assist the GM in carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Assist GM with coordinating and conducting associate training and development; as well as recruiting, interviews and hiring associates.
- Manage critical financial functions for the hotel such as ordering supplies for the hotel, securing bids when repairs need to be made, billing corporate accounts in a timely and accurate manner. Coding invoices for Corporate Accounting staff and payment of hotel occupancy taxes
- Helping ensure that the hotel and hotel staff is consistently adhering to standard operating procedures.
- Work with the Housekeeping staff to ensure the hotels guest rooms and public areas exhibit the high level of cleanliness our guests expect and deserve.
- Work with our Maintenance Staff to ensure a strong level of maintenance upkeep throughout the hotel and compliance with preventive maintenance procedures and policies of the hotel.
- Assist the GM in the hiring, training and motivating a staff of about 7-10 people.
- Minimum of 2 years hotel management experience preferably in an extended stay hotel.
- Previous experience with and ability to manage costs including labor costs within a given budget.
- Proven track record of one's ability to manage existing and prospective clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and motivate the team to reach and maintain their highest potential.