At Kimpton, we promise guests "A Different Way To Stay." We know that means we have to be a different, and better, place to work. You quickly learn Kimpton's not just a hospitality job. Here, you'll join a mission to make lives better. No biggie.
The real you is a job requirement; your diverse background, talents and quirks are what help our company connect meaningfully with our guests. You'll lead your own personal career path while you help make each guest's journey feel more personal. You won't just punch a clock and count the hours; you'll make it count.
That's why FORTUNE magazine has put Kimpton on its "Best Companies To Work For" list. We are #6 this year! Thank you for helping us be the best-loved hospitality company.
Join us at the Kimpton Hotel Allegro where America's Golden Era is alive and well. A historic gem in the heart of Chicago's downtown Theatre District, surrounded by the Loop's and Downtown Chicago's best activities and events, this boutique haven boasts lavish theatrics all its own. One step through our welcoming doors will transport you back in time to an era of elegant hobnobbing and glamour.
What you get to do:
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for providing high quality and consistent guest service within the guidelines specified by the hotel management and oversees the Rooms Operation including Front Office, Housekeeping, Facilities (Engineering) and 3rd Party Security and Valet Parking. Supervise and develop the performance of all operating departments to ensure the highest possible levels of guest satisfaction in a cost efficient manner.
* Protect and enhance the value of all hotel assets through appropriate programs in Maintenance, Security, Housekeeping and through the capital budgeting process.
* Ensure the timely and accurate completion of all period-end financial statements and reports, and provide controls to ensure the proper handling and accounting for all hotel receipts.
* Provide ongoing training and development for existing and new members of the Rooms Leadership Team and support departmental training for all employees.
* Give directive and ensure consistency for coaching / counseling / disciplinary action and performance tracking.
* Ensures that goals are being translated for understanding and met consistently; provide Rooms Leaders with support to achieve goals.
* Creates and nurtures an environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing excellent service and a personalized experience.
* Understands employee and guest satisfaction results and develops game plans to attack need areas and identifies root causes.
* Verifies that the team has the capabilities and tools to meet and exceed expectations.
* Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
* Communicates and creates understanding guests' ever-changing needs and expectations, and provides the support for exceeding them.
* Provides excellent customer service by being readily available / approachable for all guests.
* Strives to continuously improve guest and employee satisfaction.
* Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest and employee concerns.
* Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests and employees at all times.
* Responds timely to request and deadlines.
* Recognize employees for going above and beyond; identify Kimpton Moments
* Carries out supervisory responsibility in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising, performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Ensures that disciplinary action is administered as required utilizing consistency, fairness and respect while adhering to established guidelines.
* Ensure regular repair, upkeep, and overall general maintenance of the hotel and provide a system of on-going maintenance of facilities and equipment.
* Ensure all hotel policies and procedures are fully implemented in all departments, including safety, emergency guidelines, etc.
The Guest Experience
* Work closely with the Guest Experience Manager and manage online reputation and share/decipher guest feedback for continuous improvement.
* Exceed guest expectations by effective communication with all departments including Sales & Catering, Facilities, Concierge, Housekeeping, Front Office and F&B Team to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Understand the IHG Rewards Club and benefits to the guests for consistent delivery.
* Ensure that all guests such as VIP, Repeat Guests, IHG Rewards Club Members, IC, Milestone and Opportunity Guests are recognized.
* Understand the Kimpton Guest Journey and touch points for consistent delivery of the Kimpton Experience .
* Review and approve all operating expenses.
* Oversees the Rooms Operation, performance and financial results.
* Work closely with Loyalty Champion to ensure property goals are met according to IHG guidelines.
* Work closely with Loyalty Champion / AGM on ongoing training related to the IHG Rewards Club and Membership Benefits to meet training requirements.
* Share best practices, guest experience events, enhancements etc. on Yammer on a regular basis.
* Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion including all guest satisfaction forms, comment cards and guest letters.
* Communicates/updates all goals and results with employees daily and at monthly meetings.
* Work with Housekeeping and F&B on seasonal programming.
* Follow up on guest complaints / service recovery.
* Follow up with guests to ensure that any opportunity guests have had their experiences turned around.
* Connect with guests during Social Hour and identify opportunities to work or service recovery opportunities.
* Hold the team accountable and ensure procedures are followed.
* Complete spot checks on brand standards and delivery.
* Knowledge of systems: Opera, HotSOS, GoConcierge, IHG Merlin, Nor1, Market Metrix / Clarabridge & Medallia, Revinate, etc.
* Incident Reporting and follow up.
* Work closely with the hotel leadership on delivering the Kimpton experience and drive repeat business.
* Ensure that revenues are posted such as no show, late cxl.
* Develop and supervise programs that promote a positive work environment for all employees.
* Partner with People & Culture (Human Resources) on the Employee Journey as well as Workers Comp Claims.
* Understand Kimpton's Brand Culture, our Muse, the Guest and Employee Journey, Kimpton Programming and seasonal experiences.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum of two years in a Department Head position in Operations required. Must have experience working in a Union property.
Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).