Assistant General Manager, Merchandising - Lakeport Commons-310389
About the Role
As an Assistant General Manager, you’ll work with the General Manager to create, execute and maintain the store business plan. You’re a critical leader in driving profitable sales growth through all aspects of the store including; customer and product operations, merchandising, and talent development. You are responsible for supporting the execution of the store strategy to achieve performance goals. You’ll lead others by teaching and coaching Assistant Managers, Leads, Experts and Brand Associates to cultivate a high performing team to deliver a best-in-class experience to our customers. You are expected to lead the team in the absence of your General Manager.
- Build effective teams and drive a culture of high performance and engagement.
- Support the execution of performance goals and developmental plans for store team.
- Support strategies and processes using a customer-centric mindset to delivers results and drives store sales.
- Recruit, hire, onboard, develop and lead a team of managers and employees.
- Be accountable for team performance through teaching, coaching and providing feedback to build capabilities.
- Own assigned area of responsibility.
- Implement action plans to maximize efficiencies and productivity.
- Perform Service Leader duties.
- Ensure consistent execution of standard operating procedures.
- Represent the brand and understand the competition and retail landscape.
- Promote community involvement.
- Leverage an omni-channel to deliver a frictionless customer experience.
- Ensure all compliance standards are met.
- Drive Results
- Talent Builder
- Customer Impact
Who you are
- A current or former retail employee with 2-4 years of retail management experience.
- A high school graduate or equivalent.
- A good communicator with the ability to effectively interact with customers and your team to meet goals.
- Determined to effectively lead and inspire others to learn and grow through coaching and mentoring.
- Driven by metrics to deliver results to meet business goals.
- Agreeable to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holiday, evening, overnight and weekend shifts.
- Organized and utilize time management and prioritization skills to effectively manage multiple tasks in an environment with competing demands.
- Knowledgeable of our business and the retail environment and it to evolve store strategies to help meet goals.
- Able to maneuver around the sales floor, stockroom and office and lift up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to travel as required.
Primary Location-US-IA-SIOUX CITY
Old Navy Stores and Field-Store Management/Lead