Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. With over $60 billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) functions in conjunction with and in the short-term absence of the General Manager (GM) as the professional-in-charge of the specific asset(s) under management. The AGM is responsible for all aspects of day-to-day operations, maintenance, stakeholder relationships, and risk management. Of specific importance is working with the GM in achieving stated financial results and performance as well as operating objectives (leasing, capital improvements, system enhancements, tenant satisfaction, operating expense control, etc.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds to tenant needs, ensuring that administrative and building technical staff resolve problems promptly. Ensures that services are provided in compliance with policies, procedures, regulations and contractual obligations and standards
- Communicates effectively and frequently as well as develop and maintain strong business relationship with the General Manager, vendors, and The Board regarding all significant operating issues.
- Assists with the preparation of reforecast and budget documentation. Inspects facilities and equipment to determine extent of service and equipment required. Works with Vendors to facilitate maintenance, repair, or renovation and obtains bids for additional work from outside contractors, pursuant to client. Vendor and service provider interaction daily to ensure that goods or services are being received per contracts in place.
- Assist in performing periodic regular property inspections. Recommends alterations, maintenance and reconditioning as necessary.
- Provide management and leadership to property staff, including hiring and performance management
- Assist in preparing and delivering timely, accurate and complete reports.
- May assist in producing research data on budget line items or entering budget data provided by manager into budget reports.
- Bid, negotiate, and manage conformity with vendor contracts in accordance with contract requirements or client requirements.
- Provide and foster positive relationships with tenants, external clients, and internal clients.
Benefits and features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs
- Fifth year college or university program certificate, and/or five to ten years of Class A commercial office property management related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- College degree or relevant experience in a related field. A strong "generalist" business management background with extensive supervisory experience is required.
- Computer literacy is required; to include a proficient working knowledge of word processing/spreadsheet and Yardi software.
- The position requires a blend of extensive administrative experience, organizational ability, supervisory skills, telephone skills, demonstrated communicative ability, both orally and in writing.
- The work of the position necessitates strong correspondence and report writing proficiency; a neat, professional appearance and an aptitude for public relations in a customer service environment
- Ability to negotiate and manage contracts with 3rd party service providers as demonstrated by previous work experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; any day of the week, including being “on-call".
- Ability to write and communicate professionally in English.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and sound decision-making.
- Ability to resolve residents’ concerns while maintaining a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to demonstrate project management skills to ensure tasks are completed on schedule.
- Ability to communicate professionally and adapt interpersonal skills to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork by assisting co-workers and direct reports.
- Ability to provide coaching to direct reports to develop their knowledge and skill-set.
- Ability to effectively convey ideas and influence the opinions of others.
- Ability to demonstrate computer literacy using Microsoft Office software.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer