Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
Work in collaboration with the General Manager in crafting an exciting, innovative, and memorable dining experience for all guests by leading a well-rounded, knowledgeable front-of-house team. Monitor labor costs, staff development, scheduling, and nightly/daily service coordination. You'll act as an advocate for the restaurant, be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences, and develop relationships with guests that will compel them to return!
Some of Your Responsibilities:
* Greet and welcome all guests, follow up with service complaints graciously, provide guests with information about the restaurant and area.
* Assist in directing daily activities and assignments of food and beverage staff, ensure coverage, develop and communicate departmental strategies and goals.
* Assist in leading service education through effective communication, training & development programs, performance management and consistent evaluation of service standards.
* Foster opportunities for your team to learn, grow, and develop their skills.
* Assist the GM with any required paperwork, including forms, reports, and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
* Participate in building the financial objectives of the restaurant on an annual basis through the budget process. Meet budget in all areas of cost control with consistent focus on cost of sales and payroll.
* Focus on growing revenues and improving the financial performance of the department.
* Participate in evaluation of food product, kitchen employee performance, and development of product consistent with the restaurant's market position.
* Develop a selection and pricing strategy of all liquors and wines, and supervision of their procurement.
* Coordinate service area maintenance with floor management, employees and any outside services.
* Follow all Health and Safety regulations.
* Your team should receive regular, timely, and honest evaluations of their performance through the Kimpton Check-In process.
What You Bring
* 1 to 2 years in a restaurant management role, fine dining experience is preferred.
* Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Passion for crafting and personalizing guest experiences. Highly motivated and flexible, possessing the ability to take initiative.
* Interpersonal and organizational skills with problem solving ability.
* Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
* Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, guest reservation systems, POS systems, etc.
* Food Handler and Alcohol Awareness Certifications (if applicable).
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.