We’ll provide you the training, support and resources you need but it will be your drive and passion that makes the difference. If you think you’re up to the challenge, we invite you to learn more about our company, our culture, and our commitment to your future. At Abuelo’s we’re serving our communities with H.E.A.R.T.S. in mind.
• Work with General Manager to manage all sales activities in the restaurant and to meet revenue objectives and increase top line sales by looking for opportunities to build dining room/bar business and check averages.
• Assist in selecting and retaining hourly Team Members, Assistant Manager and Kitchen Managers. Motivate all Team Members by providing ongoing training and development; measure and evaluate service levels and standards using Guest and Team Member feedback and develop plans for continuous improvement.
• Hold all Team Members accountable to company standards.
• Coordinate all Team Member efforts to meet or exceed all financial goals within the restaurant by focusing on complete guest satisfaction and delivering fresh, high quality food that is consistently prepared and served according to the restaurants recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
• Build restaurant sales through development of hourly and management Team Members, proactive table visits, and being an active member of the community.
• Administrative work including but not limited to: human resources, payroll, accounts payable, risk management and marketing.
• Resolve guest issues quickly and sensitively to ensure our guests have an extraordinary dining experience.
• Ensure restaurant food quality by completing thorough line checks and tasting/testing food on a consistent basis.
• Develop Team Members for future leadership roles within the company.
• Motivate, support and communicate with Team Members during regular pre-shift meetings.
• All other duties as necessary for the successful running of the restaurant.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
• Communication Skills: Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification without interrupting; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Gives and welcomes feedback; Creates a positive work environment.
• Planning/Organizing: Able to prioritize and plan work activities; Uses time efficiently.
• Professionalism: Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Treats others with respect.
• Quality of Work: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality; Monitors entire facility for adherence to operational standards.
• Delegation: Delegates work assignments; Matches responsibility to the person; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides consistent and specific feedback.
• Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Maintains a safe work environment; Determines appropriate actions within company approved guidelines.
• Managing People: Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Is available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies guest feedback; Continually works to improve supervisor skills.
• Financial: Works within approved budget; Contributes to profits and revenues; Understand implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Understands P&L report; Uses reports to identify areas of opportunity.
• Ethics: Treats people with respect; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
• Leadership: Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback and gives appropriate recognition to others.
• Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma/GED OR 3+ years related experience and/or training; Or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Language & Math Skills: Able to read and interpret financial and written information; Able to speak effectively.
• Reasoning Ability: Able to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions and data.
• Must be able to work an average of 50-55 hours per week.
• Ability to manage a large team while delegating tasks and ensuring consistent follow-up.
• Ability to handle difficult and challenging situations and conversations.
• Financial business acumen required.
• Ability to maintain a true team environment by coaching, mentoring and developing every member of your team.
• Outgoing personality with expertise at developing relationships and leading others.
• Infectious, positive attitude that inspires others.
• Must be able to stand and walk for periods of eight to ten hours in length, each shift.
• Must be able to reach, bend, balance and transport various objects weighing up to 30 lbs repeatedly during a shift. At times it might be necessary to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Regularly required to stand, use hands, talk and hear.
• Occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
While performing the duties of this job the Team Member is regularly exposed to machinery with moving mechanical parts, sharp objects and open flames. The Team Member can sometimes be exposed to wet, humid, cold or hot conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Team Members are regularly required to stand, use hands, talk and hear. The Team Member is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch. The Team Member must frequently be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
We value our Team Members time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary, bonus plan and an extensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, 401K plan and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our Team Members, where people can learn and grow with the company.