Smithfield's Chicken 'N Bar-B-Q is a rapidly growing restaurant and franchise company with over 30 locations in North Carolina. We offer a fast-paced and rewarding work environment, hands-on training, and a performance-based career advancement program. With multiple locations on the horizon, the opportunities for advancement are endless and you control your own destiny.
Grounded in our roots of family recipes and southern hospitality, we believe that keeping it simple is the key to success. We strive to serve great food fast in a clean restaurant while showing our guests that we are grateful to serve them. Fresh food is made by hand daily in each store and we couldn't be more proud of that. We opened our first restaurant over 50 years ago and the core values that made us great are still a driving force in our growth today.
We are looking for motivated leaders who are willing to work hard and lead by example!
A team-oriented approach to management allows us to utilize everyone's talents while actualizing their potential in other areas. The ideal Smithfield's manager believes that a positive outlook is contagious in the workplace and understands how that affects the entire restaurant. Our fast-paced environment is balanced by a 5 day work week and our competitive compensation packages make it all worth-while.
Our Assistant General Managers are tasked with leading. This will entail maintaining consistent goals surrounding hospitality and the customer experience, maintaining operations excellence and leading our sales and profit growth. The Assistant General Manager , in conjunction with the General Manager, will partner with direct reports ( Assistant Managers, Shift Leaders, and Crew) and other various support services to develop a strong internal bench of future store managers.
- Oversees up to 5 Managers plus crew. 2nd in command and is manager in charge when GM not on site.
- Monitors labor and food costs
- Consistently executes and successfully drives change and company initiatives
- Key communicator between GM and crew.
- Drives leadership development initiatives and activities and is a champion of continuous personal development
- Proactively develops management talent within the organization to minimize turnover and promote within to enable successful restaurant growth
- Ensures best practices in all recruiting, hiring and onboarding functions and ongoing development of hourly and salaried associates
- Ensures the delivery of high quality food and guest / customer experiences that exceed expectations
- Demonstrates and enforces operating policy and procedure and is responsible for store safety results
- Properly executes, enforces and manages food safety and sanitation requirements; seeks out and eliminates potential food safety violations and unsafe practices or conditions
- Ensures maintenance of equipment, facilities and grounds using a preventative maintenance program
- Friendly and customer-oriented
- College degree or experience in a leadership role
- Restaurant Experience Preferred
- Most Importantly: A good attitude, an open mind, and a Customer First mentality
- Typical work-week of 55 hours with minimal breaks
- Stand for entire shift and walk for long periods of time without rest or sitting down
- Push, lift, carry and transfer up to 50 pounds
- Reach with hands
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Prolonged bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products of up to 50 pounds
- Ability to taste and smell
- Verbally communicate with others
- Ability to read and write clearly
- Use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to freely access all areas of the restaurant, including Front of House(front line and dining area) andBack of House(kitchen, dry storage, and walk-in cooler)
- Work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment as well as operate phones, computers and other restaurant
and office equipment.
- Industry-leading Benefits
- Superior base salary
- Exceptional health care benefits package
- Five-day work-week and paid time off
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Limitless opportunities for advancement and entrepreneurship
Current NC residents will be considered promptly. Relocation assistance is not available for out-of-state applicants.
Smithfield's Chicken 'N Bar-B-Q is an Equal Opportunity Employer and uses E-Verify as part of the hiring process.