We are seeking a full-time, client-facing, Assistant House Manager for a small private family office in Seattle. This position will primarily support the House Manager at the main family residence.
A candidate will possess the ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects of various complexity and breadth, have impeccable attention to detail, solid judgment, and will react with an appropriate level of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround. You must also enjoy moving back and forth between project management responsibilities and task-oriented duties with a happy attitude.
This is the perfect position for a hands-on, self-motivated, and intuitive individual who can coordinate and prioritize multiple demands. The candidate must possess a high level of integrity, sound judgment, and discretion in handling confidential information. Collaborating with multiple team members on a variety of projects simultaneously across different groups and cities.
- Supporting the manager in this role as a generalist in household tasks, including but not limited to: shopping for household items, errand running, assistance with kitchen area, regular tidying, upkeep and maintenance of living spaces and fine furnishings, assisting with closet management and organizing as needed, packing or unpacking travel bags and suitcases, and assisting with household support in advance of small and large construction and/or interior design projects
- Taking the lead on tracking and documenting household operations and procedures, researching products, taking notes for Household Manager, maintaining an ongoing calendar of daily tasks, meetings, and events
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 5+ years of high-level service
- Skilled at prioritizing and completing competing tasks with a sense of urgency while maintaining a get-it-done attitude and a sense of humor
- Self-motivated, proactive and assertive
- Ability and personality to work in close proximity to family members in a client-facing role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Outlook Calendar, Excel or Smart Sheets
- Strong organizational skills and obsessive attention to detail
- The ability to change direction quickly, and stay calm under pressure
- An effective and proactive problem-solver, analyzing all situations thoroughly to anticipate problems before they arise
- Willingness to travel and work weekends/evenings as needed
- Must be willing to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Current driver’s license and reliable, insured vehicle
- Successful completion of a thorough background investigation and reference check
Salary $80-110K/annual w/ benefits, commensurate with experience.