We have partnered with an NDIS service provider of choice for people with a disability living in the areas such as North Ryde, Penrith & Guilford.
Currently, we are seeking Assistants in Nursing (AINs) that are truly passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of the people.
You will be working as part of a fully staffed and skilled support team - and at times independently - mostly within specially designed accommodation to promote the dignity of and to, support individuals to develop their goals and achieve their personal outcomes.
The right person is someone that can work flexible hours in line with business & individual requirements, has lots of energy and is driven to provide the best quality support to each client.
- Support people whose behaviours might challenge our understanding and implement and record all strategies as documented on a person’s Positive Behaviour Support Plan.
- To assist people with a disability to learn new skills and experience a life of their choice.
- To assist people with personal care routine to maintain dignity.
- The ability to sensitively and respectfully support people with personal care and daily domestic duties.
- To assist people to become more independent and encourage the person to answer questions and make choices in their own lives as opposed to for them.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Family-friendly rostering – to best suit you and the needs of the organisation.
- Peer mentoring and supervision - in order to make sure you comfortable in your new role, this organisation offers peer mentoring to ensure you are equipped with the right skills to excel in your new position.
- Offer all staff (including your family and friends) access to an Employee Assistance Program through an independent mental health provider, who provide counselling services at no cost to you.
- Salary sacrificing, meal card allowance, discounted gym membership
- Extensive training calendar - where you can nominate yourself for up to 4 training programs per year
- A full clinical team available to support you in your work
- Paid induction and a fortnightly roster allowing you the flexibility to accept additional work should/when it be available
- Minimum of a Cert III in Disability or Aged Care,
- “C” Class current Driver Licence is mandatory as some driving may be required for community access,
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate and Working with Children Check (or willingness to obtain),
- Ability to manage the administrative tasks associated with the role and good computer competency (i.e submit rosters and maintain and record case notes etc.),
- Able to work both independently and in a small team environment, groups and within the community,
- Ability to work flexible hours including day, evening and weekend shifts and sleepover shifts,
- Ideally demonstrated experience supporting people with moderate to high complex support needs, including challenging behavioural management support,
- Minimum of 1-year experience working with people with disabilities or in health/aged services.
Additionally, if you have any questions, or would like to know more, do not hesitate to contact me via email - firstname.lastname@example.org - or phone 1300 289 817
Our commitment to safeguarding people.
Randstad is committed to the safety and well being of all the people we provide support and care to including children and vulnerable individuals. We take steps to achieve this through our candidate application process. All applicants are required to provide criminal history checks such as a valid Police Check, and where necessary a valid state-based Working with Children Check and/or a National Police Check which are thoroughly screened. Other necessary screening/proof of registrations will be required depending upon your role type. In some circumstances and International Police Clearance is also required. Your consultant will be able to advise if this is applicable to you. Lastly, references are conducted in relation to the applicants' interactions with individuals under your care using an online platform that has an inbuilt fraud alert. Employment is subject to clearance of all relevant checks to ensure the safeguarding of vulnerable people and children who may be in your care.
Refer a friend and you could earn $250
Are you looking for a permanent position in health, care or support or know someone who is? Sign up with us or refer a friend and you could earn a $250 voucher each! Conditions apply.
assistant in nursing | AIN
Certificate III in Aged Care or Disability
Current First Aid and CPR certificate
Working with children check (or ability to obtain)
Current Police Check (or willingness to obtain)