The Assistant Live Production Manager is responsible for assisting in the overall success of the daily farm operations for Trillium Farms. This position works directly with the Live Production Manager, BUL, Farm Compliance, Maintenance Manager, Safety Manager, and Human Resources and Accounting.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supply the leadership required to motivate employees to work as a team in meeting corporate and production goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership, direction, and development to direct reports.
- Responsible for the daily feeding schedule, availability to water, appropriate ventilation, and proper care of the birds.
- Responsible for general daily cleanliness of the layer houses (interior and exterior)
- Includes proper extraction and disposal of mortality
- Responsible for coordinating maintenance and repairs of layer facilities (exterior and interior).
- Includes all equipment throughout the layer houses and all ancillary equipment associated with any activity required for the proper functioning of the layer houses (Trucks, Skid Loaders, Tools, etc.)
- Assist with maintaining rodent, fly and pest control program
- Responsible for working with production staff to ensure quality product coming from the layer houses.
- Responsible for the flock’s well-being and flock performance.
- Responsible for all required recordkeeping as required by management, compliance, scheduling of bird placement in concordance with the pullet facility, scheduling of production staff, and scheduling of production needs as determined by customer demand/management forecast.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to bio-security policy and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for proper handling of litter in accordance with company policy and any local, state or federal regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (i.e. Poultry/Animal Science, Biology, Operations Management, related field or experience equivalent to the degree.
- 3-5 years’ leadership experience.
- Good Communication (Written / Verbal) skills, organized, goal-oriented, accountable. Good Leadership skills. Must be competent in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Bilingual in English & Spanish
- Agile, able to lift 50lbs. Also must be able to work in various climate conditions.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds)
I certify that I have read this job description, it has been explained to me and I understand my duties and responsibilities as stated herein.