Assistant Logistics Manager
We are seeking an Assistant Logistics Manager to coordinate and supervise the expediting/delivery department of a growing food service company specializing in sustainable school meals cooked from scratch. We’re seeking an intelligent, responsible, and reliable leader who can manage comprehensive routing plans, supervise drivers, and effectively troubleshoot daily deliveries in an ever changing, fast paced environment.
- Assistant supervisor to a team of delivery drivers
- Create and manage delivery routes and schedules
- Manage fleet maintenance
- Work with office team to accommodate special requests, delivery windows, and to plan and reroute deliveries.
- Troubleshoot daily deliveries, re-deliveries, and other expediting issues.
- Help expedite food items as needed
- Assist with deliveries as needed
- Hours: 5am – 2pm
- Days: Monday – Friday
- Location: City of Chicago
- Start: Immediately
- Able to work early mornings
- Experience managing staff & delegating tasks effectively
- Able to effectively problem solve both independently and collaboratively
- Must be reliable, responsible, flexible and able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment. Our kitchen environment is very dynamic and requires someone who can change gears quickly and troubleshoot problems independently.
- Strong knowledge of Chicagoland geography, towns, highways, and roads a plus
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation requirements a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English (bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus)
- Clean background check
- Please send a resume and a short statement of why you are interested and qualified for the job
- Provide three references