OPPORTUNITY: We are a Foodservice folding carton manufacturing operation seeking candidates to join our Carol Stream, IL team. We’re recruiting for multiple positions so be sure you review all of our job postings.
This job posting is for a Assistant Machine Set-Up/Gluer Operator with a pay range of 19.25 to 20.78 /hour plus shift differential and progressive pay increases. We continually encourage our employees to advance their careers through on the job training and job progression through our strong promotion from within program. Many of our roles are skilled trade positions and our employees build successful careers in the Printing & Packaging industry with an earning potential to 31.06/ hour plus shift differential.
We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, including health spending accounts and a progressive healthy lifestyle program, as well as 401-K with a company matching component and standard supplemental company contributions. Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Tuition Reimbursement, Aflac, Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tabaco Cessation and Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Uniform Service, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are also available.
Please review all of our job postings and apply for each position you feel you’re qualified and would like to be considered for.
JOB SUMMARY: Machine Set-Up/Gluer Operators understand and align business operations and Finishing Department as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Sets up and operates straight-line gluers, inner cell, 4-corner and 6-corner gluers; and related peripheral/supporting equipment for manufacturing folded and glued carton
- Observes automatic feeding, folding, and gluing of box blanks to detect machine malfunctions
- Inspects completed work to detect defects and verify conformance to work order specifications, and adjust machinery as necessary to correct variations
- Keeps daily time and materials usage reports and records information in Peak and SAP
- Performs Preventative Maintenance
- Disassembles machines to maintain, repair, or replace broken or worn parts, using hand tools
- Assist temporary employees with understanding task assignments while - reinforcing housekeeping, safety and Graphic Packaging International’s core values.
- Review job tickets.
- Performs, understands and follows make ready as required which includes general set up of the gluer or window machine
- Run the job according to customers specifications
- Quality control of all gluing aspects including carton alignment, glue adhesion and proper folding
- Verifies and communicates both product standards and work standards to crew to execute production.
- Maintains equipment by performing minor maintenance, troubleshooting, calibrations, adjustments, repairs, and authorized modifications.
- Clean area around gluer. Housekeeping is imperative
- Possess a strong work ethic
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Mechanical/technical aptitude
- Entry Level Computer skills
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Schedules are up to 8 or 12-hour shifts on alternate days with rotating weekends off. However, employees must have the ability to work alternate schedules and overtime that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Some Departments/Jobs may run a M-F 8-hour Shift Schedule.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime.
- Sitting or standing, depending on changing job assignment, for extended periods.
- Awkward and/or repetitive movements.
- Routine Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional Lifting up to 10 lbs.
- Push/pull pallet jack with up to 50 lb. push force. load.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various hand and electrical tools and equipment.
- Work in areas of fluctuating temperature.
GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.