This position is responsible for assisting and supporting the required maintenance necessary to maintain curb appeal and the overall appearance and quality of the property.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Perform daily maintenance as directed by the Lead Maintenance in conjunction with the Property Manager.
- Perform maintenance, as required, to have apartments in a move-in condition on a timely basis.
- Perform work orders as required.
- Assist in maintaining all common grounds as required.
- Assist in maintaining all property amenities as required.
- Assist Lead Maintenance Technician in the performance of all maintenance as required in conjunction with the request of the Property Manager.
- Become familiar with the Lead Maintenance job duties and abide by all company policies and procedures as well as community policies applicable to your particular property.
- Assist with the snow removal and de-icing of the sidewalks and common areas as needed, including the availability of "on call" for after hours, weekends and holiday emergencies.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by Lead Maintenance Technician.
- Adhere to the tenets of Catholic Social Teaching and Catholic Doctrine.
- Perform as a team member to assure that productivity outcome measures are achieved.
- Performs related functions necessary to support the mission and core values of Catholic Charities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have a High School Diploma or GED and at least one (1) year prior experience in all aspects of building and grounds maintenance; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated ability in one or more building repair areas; plumbing, drywall, electrical, HVAC etc.
Certificates/Licenses: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a Driver's License and the ability to drive for work use. Must successfully pass background check as applicable to position.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly stand, climb, walk, hear/listen, talk
- Frequentlylift up to 50-100 pounds, pull/push, carry, grasp, reach, stoop, kneel
- Occasionallysit, crawl
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses, ability to focus
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities:To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time; ability to complete research projects with resourcefulness and persistence; ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; ability to use intuition and experience to complement existing data.
- Attendance: ability to consistently arrive and be able to work as scheduled.
- Computer/Technical Ability: No computer knowledge needed.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations. Awareness of and sensitivity to the service population's culture and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability:ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one's work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Supervisory Skills: this job has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent sounds at moderate to loud levels of sound dependent upon the activities of the Shelter.
- Heat: subject to high temperatures
- Cold: exposed to low temperatures
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists.