Headquartered in Plano, TX, Cinemark Holdings, Inc. is a leader in the motion picture exhibition industry with 500 theatres in the U.S. and Latin America.
Join Our Team!
Do you enjoy working together as a team to accomplish major goals? Join Cinemark to utilize and expand your skills! We are dedicated to making the movie experience memorable, "One Guest at a time." Our world class talent creates a warm and friendly culture through shared values.
What We Can Offer You:
Every team member deserves the star treatment! Each career comes with a variety of benefits for both hourly and salaried team members. *Benefits may vary by career category, see career listing for exact details*
Paid Time Off
What is an Assistant Manager?
The Assistant Manager will assist in the overall operation of the theatre. After an unspecified time of at least six months (depending on level of previous management experience or education and completion of the Management Accreditation Program) the Assistant Manager may be promoted to Senior Assistant Manager, Manager, or General Manager. An inability to complete the Management Accreditation Program or non-acceptance of a management promotion may result in a demotion to a staff-level position or termination of employment.
A Day in the Life of an Assistant Manager:
- Follows the direction dictated by the General Manager
- Supports General Manager's decisions in communication with the staff
- Spends time working in all theatre job functions
- Participates in the training and coaching of staff members in their specific job functions
- Assists in the preparation of administrative reports and special reports for the General Manager
- Learns and enforces cash handling procedures as dictated by Cinemark policy
- Observes and participates in the inspection of the theatre building, parking lot, and landscaping, Cinemark property, and equipment condition
- Reports the need for building, property, and equipment repairs to the General Manager
- Interacts with Customers for improved service in the theatre
- Enforces and supports the Cinemark Operations Guidelines
- Consistently ensures and promotes adherence of proper social distancing guidelines
- Oversee and/or perform the functions of Chief Safety Monitor during a shift
- Properly addresses any safety or security issues (trip hazards, lighting, suspicious persons, etc.)
- Properly utilizes Personal Protective Equipment while completing position specific tasks
- Ability to adapt to the frequency and scope of required cleaning tasks
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
What You Will Need to Have:
- Availability to work flexible shifts which include evening hours, weekends, and holidays
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- The majority of the work hours are during normal theatre operating hours and requires interaction with Customers and Employees
- Ability to communicate with all ages, genders, and personalities
- Requires the ability to effectively and regularly converse in and comprehend in English
- Preparation of reports requiring the use of a computer and strong calculative and written communication skills
- Ability to perform the essential job functions requires certain physical standards to include lifting, reaching, bending, kneeling, ascending and descending stairs, and listening
- Monitor the physical appearance of the theatre, theatre property, and theatre staff
- Inspect and maintain the building (including roof and exterior signage)
- Must efficiently move throughout the theatre
- High School or G.E.D. graduate and at least 18 years of age. Note that if they are the ranking manager-on-duty in a theatre that serves alcohol, when the General Manager is not on duty, the Manager or Senior Assistant Manager must be at least 21 years of age
- Completion of Cinemark's Management Accreditation Program
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to train others
- Ability to work independently
- Accurate cash handling and math skills
What Physical and Environmental Requirements You Will Need to Have:
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Frequent standing, walking and reaching around the theater
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.*
DISCLAIMER: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at Cinemark and is not a legally binding contract. Cinemark reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.
All Cinemark locations are designated smoke-free workplaces. This includes vapor, electronic, conventional, cigars, etc.
Cinemark USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer