PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Schlotzsky's management team in all aspects of shift management to ensure successful operations, Guest service and achievement of financial targets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Assists GM with effectively communicating weekly and period variances from budgets compared to in-store and final P&L's.
- Communicates financial goals to employees and provides direction to achieve those goals.
- Executes proper security and cash handling and control procedures and holds cashiers accountable to adhering to policies and procedures.
- Assists GM with performing daily and weekly inventories accurately and timely.
- Assists GM with performing accurate end-of-period inventories.
- Assists GM with placing food, produce, paper, and supply orders in a timely manner to ensure proper levels are maintained at all times.
- Works in tandem with GM to consistently maintain labor, food and supplies costs within budget.
- Utilizes and maintains all reporting and tracking systems for financial results. (Menulink)
- Maintains high level of integrity in all financial reporting.
- Provides clear direction and leadership to all Team Leaders and employees.
- Serves as a role model to all employees by setting the example and maintaining professionalism in the restaurant.
- Promotes an "Open Door Policy" in the restaurant and is accessible to all employees.
- Interviews hourly employee candidates and makes hiring recommendations to General Manager.
- Assists General Manager with new hire orientation and new employee training.
- Submits hourly employee new hire paperwork, New Hire/Change Forms, Termination Notification Forms, and bi-weekly payroll spreadsheets to Payroll and/or Human Resources in a timely manner.
- Ensures that systems, materials and people are in place to provide for quality employee training.
- Assists with minimizes employee turnover by:
- selecting and recommending candidates who possess pre-designed characteristics and have a good work history;
- being involved in the orientation and training of all new employees;
- providing a positive work environment for all employees;
- identifying and addressing employee issues in a timely manner.
- Assists with conducting monthly safety training for all management and hourly employees and forwards acknowledgement forms to Human Resources in a timely manner.
- Consistently counsels and properly documents performance, attendance, or behavioral issues encountered with all hourly employees.
- Assists GM with maintaining proper employee staffing levels in the restaurant at all times.
- Assists GM with preparing hourly employee performance appraisals.
- Assists GM with hourly employee performance counseling and terminations.
- Operates the restaurant with uncompromising integrity and superior credibility, adhering at all times to the Schlotzsky's policies and procedures.
Quality, Service and Cleanliness
- Assists GM with maintaining all areas of the restaurant at or above all cleanliness standards.
- Completes QSC Sales Drivers, Ready for Business, Restroom, and Bakery checklists on each shift.
- Holds employees accountable for compliance with uniform and grooming standards at all times.
- Ensures that all standards and procedures for recipes and food quality are consistently met.
- Ensures proper sanitation procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Maintains positive relationship with local health and sanitation officials and follows up immediately on any issues.
- Monitors and holds employees accountable for established speed of service standards in the restaurant and drive-thru (if applicable).
- Assists with performing quarterly full QSC audit on the restaurant.
- Ensures that guests are treated in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Follows up on all guest issues and ensures that they are resolved in a professional and timely manner.
- Executes dining room management functions and guest interaction throughout shifts.
- Assists GM with maintaining restaurant in like-new condition.
- Operates restaurant in a manner that displays an uncompromising attitude toward guest satisfaction.
- Assists GM with maintaining equipment in proper working order.
- Assists GM with needed smallwares supplies needed for restaurant operations.
- Assists GM with needed equipment and facility repairs in a timely manner.
- Assists GM with preventive equipment maintenance on a timely and consistent basis.
- Assists GM with executing restaurant upgrades and enhancements as directed by Director of Operations.
- Ensures that all employees adhere to safety and security measures consistent with Company standards.
- Executes all national and Company-sponsored marketing events and promotions.
- Assists GM with quarterly local store marketing plan for restaurant.
- Promotes internal marketing through suggestive selling, sampling and positive guest interaction.
Attendance and Reliability
- Consistently arrives at work on time.
- Schedules time off in advance in accordance with Company policies.
- Adheres to Company's attendance guidelines.
- Delegates responsibilities when absent from work.
General and Physical Requirements
- Majority of job responsibilities must be performed standing or walking during typical 9-10 hour shift.
- Frequently walks in and around the restaurant to interact with employees and monitor customer satisfaction.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing and lifting.
- Uses a keyboard on a daily basis to enter information into a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be capable of performing any duty of any employee while training or while covering staffing needs.
- Must have transportation to make bank deposits, deliver orders, or run errands as needed; driving record must be acceptable.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.