Assists the Restaurant Manager in profitably operating the restaurant within the practice and procedures by Ghai Management. This position is responsible for cost control, customer service, restaurant and employee appearance, building sales, maximizing profits and employee development.
- Responsible for working the front counter to insure quality service. Checks product quality and talks with customers, assures availability. Effectively trains and coaches employees to show courtesy and handling of complaints.
- Assist in maintaining an acceptable level of sales. Utilize local store marketing.
- Manages restaurant cash control by making bank deposits daily. Follow the Cash Handling Procedures outlined in the Ghai Management Manual.
- Ensures accidents and incidents are reported to Risk Management in a timely manner. Take necessary action to minimize workers and/or unemployment compensation. Maintain safe work environment. Achieve highest possible rating by the Health Department. Ensures professional restaurant and team image through rigid adherence to restaurant cleanliness, uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Assists in the hiring and developing of team members. Document in writing, corrective disciplinary action with employees or any incident involving customers.
- Performs management and administrative responsibilities, as assigned by the Restaurant General Manager.
- Conducts frequent restaurant travel path to ensure all operational ingredients are in place and working well.
- Utilizes a preventive maintenance system, ensuring adequate repair for buildings and equipment.
- Attends special meetings as scheduled by the Restaurant General Manager or District Manager for purpose of planning, training, and reviewing operations/management procedures and policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
It is critical that the candidate possesses a strong desire to make a positive image in people's lives to pursue excellence and have a passion for the QSR industry. GHAI's goal is to become the "Best in Class BK Franchise and Employer of Choice"; therefore restaurant managers must demonstrate success behaviors and at all times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School or GED; some college preferred; Previous restaurant experience desirable. No one under the age of 20 is allowed to be an Assistant Manager. Must be ServSafe and Foundations certified.
Ability to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to listen to understand other points of view before responding; Ability to influence others to gain commitment; Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
Understanding of P & L analysis, Cash Controls, Labor Analysis, Yields and calculating food costs (theoretical vs. actual).
To be able to solve problems and deal with a variety of complex issues that is common in the QSR business. Must be able to exercise sound judgment in considering course of action.
Handles day-to day work challenges confidently; is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change; ability to work a variety of shifts and times of day. Will most likely be required to work those opposite shifts of the Restaurant General Manager.
Develops and grows others; solicits and applies customer feedback; improve processes, product and services; gains support and commitment from others; mobilizes people to take action; uses delegated authority to meet specific responsibilities.
Proficient in computer based programs systems. Proficient in Excel, Word, as well as the Internet.
Must have a valid driver's license, current car insurance.
Based on appropriate payband commensurate with experience incentive bonus plan based on performance and profitability of the company operations.
Candidates are required to pass background check and drug test criteria as a condition of promotion or hire to this position unless otherwise prohibited by state law.
Minimum qualifications needed to perform essential job functions. Must be capable of exerting up to 60 pounds of force occasionally or frequently, and/or up to 60 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Minimum qualifications needed to perform the essential job functions:
- Consistently carries products/boxes and miscellaneous weighing no more than 60 pounds.
- Consistently climbs ladders to roof to check A/C exhaust fan.
- Consistently operates cash registers, calculators, computers, mail and product.
- Consistently handles product preparation.
- Consistently kneels to utilize proper lifting procedures and to open safe.
- Consistently lifts for product preparation, stocking and inventory.
- Consistently pushes to open and close door to coolers and freezers.
- Consistently reaches for product preparation and serving customers and for training.
- Frequently stands during serving customers and training.
- Frequently stoops to pick up supplies and trash.
- Visual and Auditory sense required.
Machines, devices, tools, etc. used in job performance and the conditions in which the job is accomplished.
Fryers, broilers, flat top grills, walk in freezer, menu boards, computers, cash registers, warmer lights, filtering machines, oven, steam units, holding cabinets, slicers, storage units, soda fountain hook up station, microwave ovens, insulated oven mitts, toasters, cooking utensils, drive thru communication systems, and automobile to drive to the bank.
- The employee is subject to inside environmental conditions; protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The employee is subject to both environmental conditions; work activities occur both inside and outside.
- The employee is subject to extreme cold temperature below 32 degrees for periods of time.
- The employee is exposed to hazards which includes a variety of physical conditions, such as moving mechanical parts, electrical current, exposure to high heat of chemicals.
- The employee is subject to one or more of the following conditions: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases or poor ventilation.