Being an Assistant Manager at a SONIC Drive-In restaurant is the cherry on top of a Strawberry Banana Split Molten Cake Sundae. You’ll assist the drive-in restaurant’s General Manager in managing drive-in operations. You will also be involved in training and supporting other employees to ensure we provide quality food in a clean, safe and efficient manner. We want every guest to have an enjoyable dining experience every time they come to SONIC.
Basic job duties for the drive-in restaurant’s Assistant Manager include:
- Manage, train, monitor and coach Team / Crew Members, Carhops and Skating Carhops
- Direct and assign drive-in restaurant employees as needed to ensure all aspects of food service meet operational standards
- Adhere to and monitors employee compliance of the drive-in restaurant employee handbook, policies and practices
- Perform restaurant opening and/or closing duties
- Monitor and make appropriate adjustments to staffing levels, inventory levels and food cost control
- Complete weekly inventory as needed
- Assist in administrative duties including maintaining files, records and all required documentation
- Reinforce a customer service mentality and ensures all employees are focused on serving the customer at all times.
- Immediately and respectfully respond to guest requests.
- Reports guest complaints to immediate supervisor and assists in resolving such complaints.
SONIC Drive-In Assistant Manager Requirements:
- Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry or retail operations required
- Minimum of six months of restaurant management experience (QSR) or one year entry level retail management experience required. Experience running shifts without supervision
- Effective communication skills; basic math, reading and computer skills
- Ability to follow directions and work with autonomy once given directions; ability to multi-task and successfully solve problems
- Willingness to abide by the appearance, uniform and hygiene standards at SONIC
Additional SONIC Drive-In Assistant Manager Qualifications:
- Friendly and smiling faces that enjoy providing courteous food service to our guests!
- Professional individuals who value people and demonstrate respect for others!
- A team player willing to meet and exceed drive-in goals and objectives.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and lead team members.
- Dedicated individuals with a proven track record of building sales, creative marketing, expense management and developing people into successful teams.
Hiring for multiple positions at SONIC locations in the Norman and Moore region.
Apply now with Monster and/or send your resume to Kim.firstname.lastname@example.org
SONIC and its franchisees are equal opportunity employers.