Have you ever envisioned leading a team to success or dared to help manage a million-dollar business? Well here's your opportunity to live the dream! Put your team-building skills to the test and bring us your passion, energy and excellent interpersonal skills. We'll provide you with an awesome training program, great mentors and an exceptional team that will help you launch your career. The rest is up to you!
Requirements (our ideal candidates will possess):
- Experience: Must be an EPL Shift Leader or have 2-4 years of supervisory experience, preferably within a restaurant environment. Familiarity with Point-Of-Sale systems is desired.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal English communication skills (second language a plus)
- Competencies: Basic math and computer skills, and strong interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills
- Driving/Vehicle : Must be at least 18 years old and possess a valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle that may be used for company business.
- Food Handler Card: Must have a Serve Safe Certificate at time of hire or obtain a Serve Safe Certificate and pass the EPL Food Safety Audit (FSA) class upon hire, where applicable.
- Work Hours: Full-Time schedule, and may work any shift including opening, mid-day, and closing. The great news is that our restaurants are not open 24 hours!
- Career Advancement/Career Plan: We promote heavily from within, so from an AM you can develop to become a General Manager, Area Leader, Director of Operations, and beyond!
- Work Attire: EPL logo'd shirt will be provided, and black slacks and no-slip shoes are required
- Supervising assigned shifts, and provides supervision to crew members in the absence of the General Manager
- Training and developing crew members
- Completing administrative tasks (e.g. financial and inventory control, schedules, logging maintenance, etc.)
- Creating and ensuring exceptional guest experiences
- Ensuring compliance with all security, food safety, quality, and cleanliness standards
- Maintaining cost controls and contributing to the sales/profit goals
- Building your skills and leveraging the available tools to prepare yourself for a future General Manager role
We offer eligible Employees the following Benefits/Perks:
- Flexible Scheduling: Full-Time or Part-Time
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD Life & Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement Program (General Manager and Assistant Manager only)
- 401K with Matching
- Meal Discounts
El Pollo Loco is an equal opportunity employer in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws. We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.