Ropeswing Hospitality is a collection of creative, playful, hard-working individuals that are passionate about food, cocktails, coffee, service and most importantly, our community. We value a climate where every employee is valued and treated with respect. We are looking for like-minded individuals that want to join our crew!
What You'll Do
With limited supervision, under the direction of the General Manager, the Assistant Managers are responsible for providing direct supervision of all Front of House employees. This includes appearance, presentation, guest experience, professional leadership direction, and related supervisory duties. The Assistant Manager will also serve as acting manager on duty responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the restaurant as required.
- Train staff in customer service, proper portioning, server skills, as well as safety and sanitation.
- Develop seating floor charts to make sure flow of restaurant /seating runs smoothly.
- Supervise bar operation to maximize profitability, minimize legal liability, and conform to alcoholic beverage regulations.
- Interact frequently with customers to determine satisfaction level and provide Service Recovery, if necessary; make table visits to all guests each shift; investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Implement and maintain cash handling standards.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs; prepare schedules and ensure restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
- Ensure proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents; complete accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and company sanitation procedures as evidenced through local health department and third-party audits.
- Self-manages: follows attendance policy, clocks in/out appropriately, adheres to dress code, is proactive in accomplishing duties, adheres to Company policies and procedures.
What You Need to Get the Job Done (Minimum Qualifications)
- A minimum of 3 years high volume, full service restaurant supervisory experience.
- Great customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Organized and able to multi-task.
- Advanced math, reading and computer skills.
- Must possess or obtain all licenses and certificates required by the local health department and Alcoholic Beverage Commission.
- Ability to work on your feet for hours at a time.
Employment contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background check.
What Will Make Us REALLY Love you (Preferred Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management or related field preferred.
What You'll Love About Us
Great company culture. We foster an inclusive environment where every member of the team is valued and respected.
Work that stays at work. Genuine work/life balance served here.
Employer benefits. Employee Assistance Program, Bicycle Program.
Prepare for the future. 401(k) with company match.
Have a bite with us. Enjoy meals at our concepts at 50% off menu prices (does not include alcohol).
In our commitment to wellness in the community, Ropeswing is proud to offer a smoke-free environment for all of our guests and employees.
*Ropeswing is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity. All employment is based on merit, qualification, and business need.*