As the Assistant Manager, you are responsible to execute the store business plan to achieve performance goals. You play a key role in maintaining focus around the achievement of sales budget, customer loyalty, as well as other Company goals. Through collaboration with your General Manager/Assistant General Manager, and your store team, you will ensure operational processes are in place and analyze business results to determine actions necessary to deliver on objectives. You will teach and coach behaviors to the Specialist and Sales Associates to cultivate a high performing team that delivers a best-in-class customer experience.
• Builds effective teams + drives a culture of high performance + engagement; Supports the execution of performance goals for store team through thoughtful & timely feedback• Drives Results – Stays informed, maintains focus on priorities and implements action plans to maximize efficiencies• Collaborates with managers and employees to execute strategic initiatives and improve processes• Creates an optimistic, rewarding and collaborative work environment in which employees are confident and encouraged to grow to support our succession and talent pipeline goals• Acts as a trusted leader with understanding of the impact of initiatives on customer experience, workload, productivity, employee engagement, and store compliance• Upholds the commitments to the company’s processes, values, and Code of Business Conduct at all times
• Drives Store Sales through a customer first mindset• Ensures consistent execution by providing clear direction of Standard Operating Procedures and initiatives to maximize customer satisfaction and business efficiencies• Teaches and coaches behaviors to build confidence enabling a high-performing team to consistently deliver best in class customer experience• Identify areas to improve overall performance by creating functional action plans• Recruits, hires, on - boards and guides the Sales Associates and Specialists• Support areas to improve overall performance while taking action to decrease losses, minimize shrink and all other forms of risk to ensure store compliance standards are met• Owner of assigned Divisional of Responsibility (DOR) and the accountability to the role• Performs Leader on Duty responsibilities; providing overall leadership for the location for certain shifts• Partners with peers and others by offering help when needed
• Empowerment – has experience providing clear direction to guide employee actions while offering support and follow up as necessary• Customer Impact –known for understanding the customer and to lead a team that responds with a sense of urgency to the customer needs• Accountability – experience in coaching to support teams following guidelines• Drives Results - demonstrated ability to personally achieve goals and assigned tasks while leading others to do the same allowing for process efficiencies• Merchandising acumen to inspire customers and instill loyalty resulting in increased sales• Has success in driving high performance through ongoing development of employee
• High School Diploma or equivalent experience preferred
• Minimum 1 year of retail leadership or specialist experience with emphasis in generating sales or operations
• Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, work with and around cleaning chemicals, and lift/carry up to 30lbs.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holiday, evening, overnight and weekend shifts