NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Asst Mgr-Central Services.
In this role, the successful candidate preparation/packaging, sterilization of surgical instruments ordering, storage of materials, medical supplies usage and storage and mobile patient equipment management. Responsible for first line supervision of all Central Sterile Supply activities, staff scheduling, shift management and the coordination of surgical instruments to the operating rooms.
- Demonstrate ability and skills to monitor, audit and enhance the quality of the process and products manufactured or rendered to customers by the department
- Utilizes effectively time and manages to complete assignments within the allotted time
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and technical expertise in sterile processing and inventory control principles
- Demonstrate skill and effectively manages human relations activities
- Accurately and consistently follows documentation guidelines in all phases of the process as required by the department and regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrate knowledge in generating and interpreting statistical, productivity, and quality performance reports and utilizes the data to improve the departments performance
- Demonstrates knowledge of managerial principles by consistently utilizing problem analysis, group dynamics and staff skills analysis in an objective manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to maximize resources and is skillful in adjusting resources according to the workload and volume
- To qualify you must have a Must be Certified Registered Central Service Technician by IAHCSMM.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Education or Healthcare related field or a combination of similar education and experience.
- Three years of responsible Central Service hospital experience and progressive work experiences in central service - sterile processing and supply distribution that includes two years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of specific health care products, patient care equipment and their basic use is required.
- Must hold comprehensive knowledge in inventory control, supply distribution, receiving, reprocessing techniques and principles, production management and regulating agencies standards.
- Must hold comprehensive knowledge and experience in surgical instrumentation and regulatory standards.
- Current membership and active participation in a relevant professional organizations.
- Must possess computer knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Completion of formal supervision principles, leadership education and/or the Certification in Healthcare Leadership concepts.
- Certification in materials resources CMRP or IAHCSMMs materials management certification
- Knowledge of inventory control software such as ESI, and HBOC PMM.
- Knowledge in SPM Instrument Tracking system
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.