We were born roadside on the festival circuit, surrounded by music artists and festival goers who inspired us to create NOTORIOUSLY COOL, AFFORDABLE sunnies for the nonconforming and freethinking. From dramatically oversized aviators to reflective lenses and bold cat eyes, Quay Australia has become a favorite for individuals with FEARLESS STYLE, a carefree attitude and fresh perspective.
For over 12 years, we’ve built a #QUAYSQUAD that is loyal, passionate and looks to us to make them STAND OUT IN THE CROWD and set the trend for their latest accessories. Seen on countless CELEBRITIES and known for our limited edition INFLUENCER COLLABORATIONS, Quay Australia is the go-to accessible brand for millennial women that makes them feel like they are part of THE IN CROWD.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting the Store Manager by strategically driving results to ensure that the store achieves maximum sales, productivity and profit goals through operational excellence, leadership, communication and talent that supports the vision and Quay brand.
- Achieving the stores sales targets by maximizing profits, minimizing costs and managing workforce budgets
- Delivering company standards, strategies and initiatives to achieve sustainable growth
- Consistent sales floor presence, talking with customers and associates to ensure the best service is provided consistently through effective floor supervision
- Managing store’s budget controlling cost and driving profitability
- Recruiting, training, developing, reviewing, coaching and supporting all sales leads and sales associates to ensure high performance and productivity at all times
- Creates a positive and healthy work environment in which people want to do their best
- Ability to foster a diverse team and flex management style when interacting and managing employees with different skills and responsibilities
- Driving store compliance with company policy and procedures ensuring operational efficiency
- Ensuring brand image is showcased by optimizing product visual merchandising and service levels
- Minimizing loss by ensuring all loss prevention procedures are followed
- Ensuring provision of a safe working environment to ensure staff and customer wellbeing
- Responsible for stockroom processing and replenishment procedures, ensures that all inventory management processes are performed in a timely manner
- Maintaining awareness of market trends in the accessory industry, monitoring activity of local competitors
- High School graduate or equivalent; college degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience (1 of which in an assistant manager role) in the field or related area
- Upholds a personalized customer and employee experience
- Commitment to quality, detail focused on all levels
- Computer Skills (MS Word, Excel and Outlook preferred)
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, and have strong listening skills
- Requires sufficient endurance to perform tasks over long periods of time
- Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, store openings and closings according to the needs of the business