The Assistant Manager is a part time position that supports and executes all aspects of operations and merchandising for their own personal assigned store in partnership with the Store Manager and Senior Assistant Manager. The Assistant is primarily responsible for driving business results through the effective coaching of the store team during their assigned shifts. Areas of focus include sales and profit growth, expense control, promotional, merchandising execution and exceptional customer experience through the execution of our BE Great service model.
- Responsible for driving profitable sales, protecting company assets and support of the Company Handbook during their shifts.
- Understands store performance targets and monitors achievement of benchmarks and goals
- Follows direction from the Store Manager and Senior Assistant Manager obtained from objective business analysis to evaluate business choices.
- Follows direction given by Store Manager and Senior Assistant to solve patterns of business determined by root causes.
- Supports and inspires high performing teams that can accomplish company goals, initiatives, and priorities, by execution and providing feedback of “A” service.
- Supports an atmosphere where all team members are held accountable for both individual and team performance.
- Models the way, protects company branding at all times and ensures all team members are treated in a respectful and professional manner during their shift.
- Ensures understanding of strategies, change initiatives, business opportunities and executes them through the store team during their shift.
- Communicates clearly in ways that build trust and commitment that demonstrates support for company initiatives.
- Experience in a retail environment.
- Energetic, results oriented and competitive with a drive to succeed.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to handle and transport company funds daily to the bank location designated by Kirkland’s. Transportation of company funds will be conducted in a manner that does not place the funds in a vehicle with any non-Kirkland’s person(s) or other employees not designated to transport company funds.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.