The Assistant Manager contributes directly to the effective day-to-day operations of Unser Karting & Events. This position oversees the entire customer experience from the greeting and registration processes, through race training, to sending racers to the track and their time in our trackside tavern.
As a key team member, the Assistant Manager will rotate through the active Manager on Duty schedule while maintaining a consistent presence as a leader on the Tavern Team during other times. While acting as Manager on Duty, this individual ensures the highest level of service throughout the entire guest experience by acting as a role model who must solve problems, make informed decisions, and successfully manage the building, often under stressful conditions.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist in training, coaching, and managing all Team Members to provide a friendly environment that exceeds expectations, which ensures that each customer receives the highest level of customer service;
- Communicate information to Team Members regarding special promotions and sale items;
- Authorize and ensure the validity of customer returns, voids, and discounts;
- Help solve problems that affect the service, efficiency, and productivity
- Assume all Manager on Duty roles on designated shifts, including:
- Managing entire building operations to run at maximum efficiency
- Resolving any customer complaints or issues
- Delegating additional tasks;
- Phasing Team Members when they are no longer needed
- Closing out tills at the end of the shift
- Locking building properly at the end of the evening and arming the security system
Skills and Competencies
- Understanding of and ability to provide outstanding customer service;
- Ability to manage operations effectively;
- Consistency in applying a fair set of standards as they pertain to the entire team;
- Flexibility to adjust priorities and manage time wisely to adapt to fast-paced environment;
- Organizational skills to maintain records and documentation; and
- Communication skills that result in clear, concise, understandable interactions with staff coupled with the ability to listen attentively to others and understand pertinent materials.
• Ability to work a full-time schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
As a company, we have an aggressive growth plan to expand in other markets. Our expansion will open several opportunities for advancement. This position is designed to act as a direct springboard to a key management role. If successful as an Assistant Manager, you will have a direct path to advance and grow into a more substantial role in the company. As our main focus continues to be on delivering world-class customer service while fostering and maintaining positive company culture, you will have an opportunity to prove your effectiveness as a leader through your decisions and ability to increase revenue and profit.