Our Job Opening:
We are searching for an Assistant Manager to join our team! As a key member of our staff, you will be responsible for assisting the oversight of club operations to ensure an exceptional “Judgement Free” member experience! You will assist in the hiring and training process for all club employees and will be accountable for leading the team in a positive, motivating manner with a continuous focus on employee development. You will also be responsible for ensuring a financially successful club.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Staff Management:
- Create staffing schedules with the assurance that all shifts are regularly covered.
- Lead by example and maintain consistent accountability for direct reports by training and coaching staff members to provide exceptional customer service.
- Administer and process all weekly/bi-weekly employee payroll.
- Prepare and submit all HR related forms in a timely manner.
- Resolve employee issues or concerns in a professional manner.
- Manage disciplinary/termination activities.
- Provide backup support for any employee who is absent.
- Customer Service/Front Desk Activities:
- Greet members and guests, providing exceptional customer service and doing your best to make members feel comfortable and welcomed!
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members in, tour and sign up new members, log amenities and communicate updates and events to members and guests.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Conduct beverage or merchandise purchases on the point of sale system.
- Member Accounts:
- Utilize POS system to assist with new membership cards, change of address and billing or payment questions.
- Authorize expenditures and refunds.
- Club Cleanliness and Maintenance:
- Keep the front desk area and lobby clean and orderly.
- Regular facility cleaning and upkeep such as mopping up spills under equipment, trash removal, cleaning windows and mirrors, and re-racking weights.
- Regular cleaning of all exercise equipment and tanning beds.
- Ensure restrooms are clean, stocked and clutter free by creating and following routine cleaning schedule.
- Oversee the safety of employees, members and club property by determining when equipment or facilities are in need of repair and communicating to Facilities Maintenance team in a timely manner.
- Make daily bank deposits.
- Oversee the ordering of club supplies using specific budget based on club requirements.
- Track Key Performance Indicators such as guest counts, cancels, info calls (weekly, monthly, annually).
- Manage marketing efforts by ensure that staff is aware and trained on all marketing promotions.
- 1 year of customer service experience is preferred, preferably in the fitness industry.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft office Suite).
- Superior problem solving skills.
- Exceptional leadership and diplomacy skills.
- A passion for health and fitness.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
Why you should join Planet Fitness!
- Contribute to changing people’s lives every day by helping us create a healthier Planet!
- Work hard and play hard with an amazing group of talented, dynamic professionals!
Want more reasons?
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vacation/Sick Time/Holiday Pay
- Free Black Card Membership
- 401(K) and Roth Retirement Savings Plans
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Term Life Insurance