Assistant Manager - Loudonville, NY - Albany County - Full Time - Weekdays Monday through Thursday 3-11pm & Weekends Saturday 9am-5pm
Planet Fitness, a private equity backed fitness retailer, is seeking candidates for the role of Assistant Manager.The Assistant Manager will oversee a wide variety of areas within Planet Fitness. Focus being that of managing front desk personnel, assisting the General Manager, focusing on the front of the house operations to ensure effective day to day activities. The Assistant Manager must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, meet strict deadlines, be able to delegate meritoriously, communicate effectively with management and provide superior customer services to our members and guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The ability to understand and drive club metrics in alignment with business performance
- Thorough development of knowledge of club services, programs and products as well as current knowledge of key competitors
- Assist in the interviewing and recruitment process by completing initial phone interviews of front desk and fitness instructors
- Monitor inventory and review daily/weekly/monthly sales numbers with GM to identify opportunities and modifies execution as needed to improve performance
- Responsible for communicating and upholding company standards and leading by example for delivering the organizations mission, vision and values; manage a clean, friendly and well-maintained club
- Ensure team members consistently execute the basics in punctuality, dress code compliance, friendliness and cleanliness
- Develop and maintain cleaning duties for front desk employees and oversees over-night employees
- Coordinate disciplinary actions and terminations with General Manager, Regional Manager and Human Resources
- Flexibility to cover a shift for employees when there are call-outs or vacancies or assist the Club Manager with shift coverage in the event there are no other employees available to work
- Assist in overseeing club audits to ensure that all areas of the club are clean, neat, organized, and in "like new" condition
- Mentor Front End employees to promote career growth through training, development, and performance assessment
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Club Manager
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite)
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities
- Solid work ethic with strong decision-making skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative with minimal direction and supervision
- Comfortable working a flexible rotating schedule
- Basic computer, math, and communication skills require
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness industry.
- Solid supervisory, diplomacy and listening skills.
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- A High School Diploma Or Equivalent required (Associates degree preferred)
- 6 month Supervisor or Manager experience in a restaurant or retail environment in a high volume atmosphere. (1 year Supervisor or Manager experience preferred)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel)
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Monday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Tuesday:3:00pm - 11:00pm
Wednesday:3:00pm - 11:00pm
Thursday:3:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Competitive Salary
- Company contribution towards health benefits that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD and Critical Illness
- Paid Time Off benefits including 1 week Paid Time Off after 90 days and going forward, PTO acquired in accordance with the company's PTO policy based on years of service.
Planet Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer0