Hines Supply is looking for an Assistant Manager for our Hampshire, IL location!�
Hines Supply has been providing high quality building materials to builders and homeowners�since 1892. Dedicated to providing quality, value and service, Hines operates multiple locations across Illinois.�Hines Supply is a division of U.S. LBM, one of the largest building products distributors in the United States
Essential Job Duties:
- Manages and coordinates all activities of functional group.
- Establishes performance goals according to company philosophy for assigned work group.
- Monitors equipment and purchase of materials to meet demands of location.
- Monitors costs and expenses of assigned work group.
- Performs personnel management functions that include hiring, terminating, maintaining discipline, administering performance reviews and wage changes ensuring compliance to company policies and procedures.�
- Reviews sales reports, production reports, department expenses, labor costs, employee attendance reports, and other reports and documents related to store operations.
- Reviews personnel assignments with managers and supervisors.� Make recommendations to manager according to production/service needs and according to production sales plans.
- Coordinates workflow between departments and work areas.
- Assists in preparation of store budget and monitors the compliance of each department in accordance to the budget.�
- Reviews variances and discrepancies with each department manager or supervisor in assigned group.
- Reviews accounts receivable and assists with collection as assigned by location manager.
- Complies with Company�s attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum education required�Bachelor�s degree in Business, sales/ marketing, construction or a related discipline or the equivalent in experience.
- Minimum experience required�3 years management experience in the building supply industry or 3 years of management experience in a distribution industry or accounting or sales environment supervising 15 or more associates.
- Special skills required� Must be able to meet established financial budget.�
- Special knowledge required-- Knowledge of all aspects of store operations, purchasing, personnel management, training, analysis, customer relations, and planning.� Computer literate and be able to track sales, cost and deliveries.
- Physical demands include standing and walking for extended periods of time, bending or stooping, regularly lifting up to 50 pounds and up to 100 pounds or more upon occasion.